can a dog's leg fall asleep?. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

can a dog's leg fall asleep?.

Probably a silly question. Can a dog's leg fall asleep after laying on it for awhile?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Knighted Member

Yes - Angeles has before and he does the little whimper caused it scares him....and then the blood comes back and he is fine...but I give him big hugs and let him know all is fine.

Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dad to:
Angeles von Lobos (pronounced Angelus)
Jack (RIP)
Cotton
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Master Member

I believe dogs can get pinched nerves just like humans. It could be cause to suspect another issue with the nerve itself (most won't have this happen unless there is an underlying condition).

Diana - owned by Siena Rose (Oct 29, 2006)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Master Member

OMG i cant believe this, we were just talking about this last night, dresden got up from laying down and wouldnt put his front right paw on the ground, i got him to lay down, rubbed his foot and he was fine....having dogs my whole life and ive never dealt wit thish before
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

The reason i ask is because sometimes when Josie gets up from a nap she'll start hopping lifting her left rear leg like she's injured.

I did swing by to the vet luckly he had free time on his hands ( lunch break) He checked her joint movements to make sure it's nothing else and she seems fine and not in pain or showing any discomfort. That's when he says sometimes a dog's leg will fall asleep if they lay on one side for awhile. i do have hard floors so he recommended i getting her a bed. If it does continues he says to bring her in for a physical.

It usually only lasts a minute or so and she's fine.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Crowned Member

Akbar's back leg, the one he was laying on weirdly, last night probably fell asleep as he woke up with a limp for a few seconds and after he walked around he was walking normal. And he has never limped before so I'm sure dogs also can have legs that fall asleep.

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page