Tampa and Surrounding Area's - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Tampa and Surrounding Area's

I looked at every thread and couldn't find one to properly put this in, so if there is, can a moderator move this? I apologize in advanced if its wrong.

I used to go to car shows and meets with the local people that liked to show off our cars. Always had a good time chatting about modifications and whatever.

Well, I picked up Damian from the breeders when he was 8 weeks old, the next day I went and traded my car in because I knew a GSD was not going to comfortably fit. I had to choose none other than the new 2010 Tundra Crewmax.

So basically, this dog has costed me $34,000 before even getting his crate, toys, NV RAW (my god its expensive), vaccines, etc.

But since then, I never have to worry about racing my car and going to jail (yes I admit, I did it) and have actually turned completely around and am getting a job at the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

Now that I have told a story that is COMPLETELY irrelevant to my thread topic, I will get to the point. (not sure why I did this)

Does anyone do any meets with there GSD's in this area? I think it would be a good time having Damian play with other GSD's while the owners are just hanging out chatting.

I guess I'm just bored, haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Elite Member

Re: Tampa and Surrounding Area's

So.... I think it is Hilarious that you have a Tundra, I say this becasue while I don't have one, My boyfriend does, granted its a 2007, but it big and white. lol Sorry I'm not from there, but we are from near there originally (Sarasota) and when we come down to visit next time... March... We could try to meet up. I don't know about Tampa, but Venice has a dog beach that is amazing! But yeah I would be up for a meet. its crazy how you always find yourself compelled to find other GSDs

-Kira

Fur Family:
Dakota "Koda" GSD 02/20/2008
Chloe Calico 9/21/2007

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too"
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Crowned Member

I'm in that general area! A meet would be cool, but I'm not sure Renji is ready for that. I do know that when it comes to other GSDs, he's what I would almost say social... all other dogs almost always get a bad reaction from him. I guess he knows who's on the A-list and who isn't.

My dog cost me a lot of money, too. I'm getting ready to trade up to an SUV myself. Nice truck you have and congrats on the job!

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Diana. Damian goes up to every dog in Petsmart and lays down lol. There was a 12 week old Datsun (surely spelled that wrong) at my pet supply store and it was just jumping all over Damian. he laid down and the little dog actually walked pretty much into Damian's mouth. I'm surprised he didn't bite down playing, he doesn't seem to know went to stop chomping down on my hand, so I didn't expect him to be this good with other dogs.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Elite Member

This was Dakota trying to help wash the truck! lol

-Kira

Fur Family:
Chloe Calico 9/21/2007

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too"
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted By: GSDSunshineSo.... I think it is Hilarious that you have a Tundra, I say this becasue while I don't have one, My boyfriend does, granted its a 2007, but it big and white. lol Sorry I'm not from there, but we are from near there originally (Sarasota) and when we come down to visit next time... March... We could try to meet up. I don't know about Tampa, but Venice has a dog beach that is amazing! But yeah I would be up for a meet. its crazy how you always find yourself compelled to find other GSDs
Well, PM me when you guys are down. Damian will be older and hopefully more mature by then lol. He will be 20 weeks old Sunday.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted By: GSDSunshine

This was Dakota trying to help wash the truck! lol
Haha nice! The first couple of weeks of having Damian, he stuck by my side. I was able to wash my truck and have him come out of the yard with me. He always felt the need to chomp down on my bumper and side steps. (Weird!). Since then, he is more interested in the cars flying by so he no longer can be next to me.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Elite Member

Thats nothing... Koda thinks the water hose is evil.... He tries to attack it, even when it goes on the truck. He jumped up on it one time and that was it... no more helping with washing cars. He is good about staying in the yard now though. The picture was from when we first got him and we actually discovered that day his hatred/love of the water hose.

-Kira

Fur Family:
Chloe Calico 9/21/2007

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Damian always wanted his mouth where the hose water was shooting.

Was your dog clumsy when he was younger? Damian bumps his head on nearly everything. The worst thing is, I give him a tug toy and he takes it from me, then swings his and head and ends up slamming it into a cabinet or coffee table.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:36 PM

Let me know when.... I'm in the N. Tampa area........

Onyx Vom Ramhausen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zelenka Vom Ramhausen

Arild Andrej Vom Onyxhaus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page