Puppy has been caught!!! and is safe. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Puppy has been caught!!! and is safe.

I posted this last week; There is good in the world.

Good news- the puppy has been caught. There was a concerted effort from many people from the area who left food and food for the attendent who was feeding him. I went 3 times and never saw the puppy, but the food was always gone. There was a plan for a humane trap for Monday.
Last night the puppy had gained enough trust to let the attendent who has been feeding him to capture him. He is either a GSD or GSD mix-the man is planning on keeping him.

The pup is less than 1 year-hard to tell by his current condition- he was dumped at the rest area.

The cats have not been seen in a week, but are feral so may be in hiding.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

*********rest area near exit 104( going NE on i85/40) to use the facilities. Walking into the building.. I saw a charcoal colored kitten near the entrance. It meowed at me but did not run away.. it started to hesitantly follow me, then I saw it's litter made a lighter colored tabby. They are shy but have been obviously pets beforehand. They would come up less a foot away from me.. then they'd get spooked and run away. Walking out of the restrooms both ran towards me.. so I went to my car and got some left over jerky I had been sharing with my dog Reba. And they again ran towards me and would keep inching closer.. I was hoping to be able to get them and bring them home and get them attention and food and seen by a vet.. and rehomed. But I couldn't get them. Something kept spooking them.. whether it was people, or cars or loud sounds. Walking back to the car to see if I had any other food to offer them I spotted an emaciated tan puppy with a black muzzle.. looked like it could've either been an older puggle or a very young bull mastiff mix.. it was a good 25 feet away or more.. and it was dark.. If it was a mastiff or a large breed dog mix it couldn't have been older than 4 months old.. if that. if a med breed mix.. maybe 6 months old. But with it's emaciated state who knows. It was terrified and ran deeper into the woods and just watched.. and as soon as car came around and it saw the lights it vanished. I tried for the better part of an hour coaxing the kittens( the kittens couldn't have been more than 12-14 weeks old ) and the pup out of hiding. My dog that I had with me is a very cat friendly and puppy friendly dog.. and I had somewhere I could keep all 3 if I could find them.. I thought I had it figured it out.. but they were all too frightened. The kittens looked in reasonably good shape.. good thicker coats on them...And the gray one is a lil talker so friendly enough. The pup though.. he broke my heart.. drove all the way back to Raleigh crying praying for a miracle

Bungee 6/1996 - 01/2009 * Dane/lab mix
Sassy of Rosehall and Black Magic 4/13/09 GSD
Copper 1998 * Redbone Hound*
Buster 6/2008* cat
Prissy 1990-2010 *cat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Puppy has been caught!!! and is safe.

Good News!! Glad the puppy has been caught and will be safe now

Nadia - GSD -DOB 12-29-07
Zisso - GSD- DOB 9-16-07
Pepe & Kiki`my sweet kitties

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Puppy has been caught!!! and is safe.

Poor things.
I once ran into a friendly cat at a truck stop...I guess someone dumped it there. I wanted to try to catch it but I was on the first leg of a family vacation (with my parents) so I couldn't. I ended up leaving a can of dog food (dog food was all I had at the time) under the bushes where I'd seen it, and when we got to the place we were staying I looked up the shelter in that area and emailed them about it, and posted online as well so hopefully someone was able to help the cat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page