Horrible Terriers.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Horrible Terriers....

There has been a small, patterdale terrier mix coming to my house.

1st time.
It was night, I was in the house, I had Dutch outside because the weather was nice and her tummy was upset, and she prefers outdoors anyway... She barks all the time. She's mostly deaf. But she had her alarm bark going, I went out and looked, I couldn't see a thing. I put Sparkles out, she's more trustworthy when it comes to letting us know who's out there. And she ran to the fence yipping, I thought I saw a cat run off. I went back in and they both went off. I came out in time to see a little black dog run under the street light. I threw the dogs in and grabbed a leash to get him... He came right up and went to the gate like he lived there... He smelled like poo and his neck was covered, he was wearing a choker. I had to hand him to AC... Poor critter, he was so friendly. That was about three months ago now.

2nd time.
I was out and unable to come back and a neighbor called, said they'd found a pit bull lab mix puppy... I said there is nothing I can do, call AC, they said they couldn't keep him long at all, so I told them to put him in my enclosed driveway and give AC the address. I actually ended up getting home before AC came, it was him, covered in crap with the choker on. The owners showed up right after the ACO loaded him up, and said it was the kid's fault. They still had to go to the SPCA to fill out paper work and be fined though.

3rd time.
It's almost 2am, I'm just about to get to sleep and I hear a crazy strangled bark outside, I figured it was a bulldog since they have such a strange bark many times, and none of my close neighbors have one. I went out and yep, it was "Jett" so the owners said. Little stinker was trying to hop the gate and come in the yard. I have no extra crate, I don't know if he likes other dogs, and I know this is an outdoor dog, so I fed him and let him wander off back towards his house. Covered in doody again...

4th time I was out with J and Sparkles working the flirt pole and he came out of nowhere, ginning at my from between the fence slats. J decided he was lunch and I had to pick him up to make him go in the house.
Jett was still sitting there, grinning like a moron when I got back. I got AC to come after I leashed him up and sat with him... They said they've been having reports of him all over the neighborhood.

He REALLY wanted in the yard..
[/QUOTE]

5th time, a few days ago, I was asleep and Sparkles was up in the window barking, yup. Little dummy was pounding on my fence... I took J and Sparkles out to potty them and returned them to the house before I grabbed toys, a leash and food for him. I called AC... It was FREEZING and I was in my silk PJ's... I had to run back in with him on my hip and get past my dogs to grab a towel for him, as he'd been playing in the water in the 38* weather... I dried him as best I could a terrier who smelled treats. I had TWO HOURS to sit there and play, so I worked on his training, he's extremely food driven, LOVES toys... Very, very smart, he learned not to lunge and snatch food, and how to sit and wait for it... And it turns out Sparkles is a quite a hussy. I had let her out in the yard, while I sat outside the fence, and they were both making whiney-piney noises at each other so I let him see her through the fence, he slapped her in the face but she was smitten and got over it. I let him in the yard and he ran around peeing o n things whilst Sparkles followed trying her best to sniff him, and making squeaking noises when he touched her, acting like a little flirt... ONLY with intact males lol

Thankfully he wasn't covered is shtuff this time, so I was able to love on him. As soon as I sat down with him he climbed up and and planted some nasty wet ones on my face.
After AC finally arrived the ACO said it took so long because they were making sure the owner was fined for it and filing paperwork and such... A part of me wants him to come back, I would love to have him and he's definitely won me over, but I simply cannot have another dog.

He's a really great dog, I just wish they'd keep him in... If I remember right, these are the people who had a bulldog and a mutt always trying to jump the fence in their backyard, I haven't seen them for a long time though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sparkles, Lilith, Eve, Candy, Dahlia, Juno, Tonks.

Jaeger, Ben, Goose, Dirk, LingLing, Bentley, Elliot, Batman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Horrible Terriers....

He looks well taken care of.
Except he likes to roll in his (or someone elses) poopoo.
Hes cute.

Kilo- GSD
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Ought to see his yard... Full of trash, beer bottles, and you can't walk by without gagging at the smell.
He better look good LOL he was three other families he frequents who go "aww" and dish out the food hehe

I wish his darn owners would fix the fence. It's a gap, and he digs as well... Well, he's a bored terrier...

I actually had this guy before in may. I didn't recognize him, but I went through pics I had of him and it's the same dog.

He lives on a busy Blvd he has to cross every time he comes over. And it's only two houses from an intersection. I'd hate so much to find him dead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Well I was going by in my car and this idiot was playing in the intersection, when he got to the side of the road the owners kid, I would guess, grabbed him chain and hit him several times... The dog took it very well.

Yep, these are good people..

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Crowned Member

He sure is cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page