Peeing / dribbling in the house - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Peeing / dribbling in the house

Hi,

Jake is almost 2 yrs old ( in July ) he's been potty trained since he was 4 months old, fully potty trained and just recently he's been sprinkling in the house. First we noticed it in our bedroom near our log bed so we cleaned it up, etc and blocked him from going in there, then he started doing it in the hall way so we blocked that whole section off to where he can't get to it and no it does not interfere with him going outside to potty ( opposite end of house ). So last weekend he's started peeing / dribbling behind our recliners in the living room. I don't know how to change this behavior and what in the world. He doesn't have a UTI, seems like it's behavioral for some reason, no other animals or anything nothing has changed.
Someone mentioned he's showing his dominance... well Ok how do you stop this ? I've been re-directing him just keeps happening.

In the front yard I've noticed he is lifting his leg and peeing little bits in different areas like he is marking his territory but why the house ?

He has not been neutered yet but it's something we've been thinking about.

Any help ?

Thanks!

Bear - 11 y/o GSD - RIP, we miss you & we know Duke would love you so much!
Duke - 1 year old ( Aug. 6th, 2008 ) Passed away 12 / 2014 broke my heart.

Chloe - 11yr old kitty getting used to his new brother
Jake - 8 months old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:32 PM

He may be marking over the cat or even over another dog's scent from long ago.It's not dominance,just a natural instinct.The only way I know to stop it is using an enzyme cleaner to rid the areas of the scent and keep eyes on him at all times.A firm NO! if you see him sniffing around in the critical areas and a trip outside to earn praise for a better choice.I don't know of an easier fix

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge

Last edited by dogma13; 05-08-2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, I will use more of the enzyme spray hopefully it helps. Could be from our last GSD but we really cleaned the carpets, etc after he passed and that's been years now. All eyes on deck watching him now for sure... hopefully he gets it quick.

Bear - 11 y/o GSD - RIP, we miss you & we know Duke would love you so much!
Duke - 1 year old ( Aug. 6th, 2008 ) Passed away 12 / 2014 broke my heart.

Chloe - 11yr old kitty getting used to his new brother
Jake - 8 months old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page