I need serious/sound advice for the experts here - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Crowned Member

The lunge whips are great but a willow switch or other light weight pole with a string on the end and at the end of a string a toy, rag, piece of chamois --
GSDenthusias likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDenthusias View Post
Where can I buy a flirt pole? My local PetSmart store looked at me like I'm crazy when I asked them about it (I'm in Ontario, Canada). Or can I order online?
I made a flirt pole out of a narrow length of polypropylene pipe, rope threaded through it, the rope knotted at both ends, and a rag tied to the 'business end'. The pipe was the handle. I had a shorter length of pipe and rope for indoor play. It's nice being able to personalize the length of the flirt pole, too long or short a length can be awkward.

I used a cheap lunging whip when my boy was an adolescent, unfortunately it wasn't rugged enough and snapped, making it dangerous and useless.
GSDenthusias likes this.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. I think I will check my local equine store and if I can't find one there, I will order from Amazon.ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page