out and about training - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

out and about training

although this is the time of year when "got to go out before it gets hot" changes to "lets wait a bit and see if it warms up", sometimes we have to get an early start.
For those who are part of the debate over how to reward...food vs toys vs affection...may I suggest Fall Leaves Tossed Into The Air.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

I got sucked down the bunny trail on You Tube and found this little guy! At the end notice all of his awards. I think it would have been charming and fun to watch him earn his BH.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 08:17 AM
Crowned Member

Nice video! Yes the bunny trail I have to get out! super cute! Little dogs can be trained to although it does require much more patience! Talented teams!

Last edited by Jenny720; 11-21-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 10:15 AM
Master Member

I love it! and yes definitely agree @Jenny720 - lol we are currently in the process of working with our 6 year old puggle "Pugsley"!

Rollo: Viking & 1st ruler of Normandy | D.O.B. | 11-27-2017
Chuck (me): |23 Years Old|
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Crowned Member

Awesome!! Ranks right up there with your Pinecone Queen. Now you have a Leaf King The second video was delightful. I was waiting for the little guy to open up the Champagne!
car2ner likes this.

Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

I can do with more nice days like we had around D.C. early February. I had planned on doing trailing on hardscape but the places I wanted to go was covered with salt. So instead I played around in the yard. Nice thing about videos...it makes it very clear that I should help my gal-dog find her heel/start position. She's too interested in looking up front.

so 2 dogs, 2 toys, no place commands to wait turns, one camera take-out (always consider your fall zone when recording) and some grins and giggles.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 02:43 PM
Elite Member

Looks like your guy? Creates a living fence around you while playing with your gal? Lol. Love that they are so active but well mannered waiting their turn. Thanks for the smile.
car2ner likes this.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartandsoul View Post
Looks like your guy? Creates a living fence around you while playing with your gal? Lol. Love that they are so active but well mannered waiting their turn. Thanks for the smile.
the urge to herd is strong in my gal. My boy, he loves displays of his strength. Quite the pair.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:14 AM
Master Member

Your videos make me feel peaceful and happy. :-)

Rumo ~ rescue shepherd/husky mix
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDchoice View Post
Your videos make me feel peaceful and happy. :-)
Glad to read that. We often get so tense if we are working toward a sport title. I can afford to relax and enjoy the whole process. Put on some fun music and we are good to go.
Findlay likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page