Dog - dog communication in Black GSDs - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Knighted Member

Sorry, I thought this was a current thread.
tim_s_adams likes this.

Athena BH, Rosko BH
I MAY NOT BE THERE YET. BUT, I AM CLOSER THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwoodcox View Post
Still interesting though
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
Still interesting though
It is interesting. I haven't noticed anything different with solid black dogs or gears anything. However I have heard things about problems with dogs that have bobbed tails.
I think for humans all black dogs may be a bit more intimidating, but wouldn't dogs go more for body posture than color? Except for maybe the dark body with light eyes or light eyed dogs? Haven't seen that one either but heard about possible issues with that. (Could go on a tangent about that but kind of off topic.)
tim_s_adams likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwoodcox View Post
It is now! And it's an interesting topic IMO...

Credit @WateryTart for resurrecting a good topic, though I admit to a certain reluctance to saying or typing that name...so, off topic or not I've got to ask, how you came up with THAT for a username??? I love it, don't get me wrong, it's just that my mother would have washed my mouth out with soap if she'd ever heard me say such a thing LOL!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
It was at the time. I lost WD before he was 2 years old.
Life throws many changes at us.
Oh I'm sorry and yes, life does just that ....

It's still an interesting subject ... for the current crowd at any rate.
tim_s_adams likes this.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s_adams View Post

Credit @WateryTart for resurrecting a good topic, though I admit to a certain reluctance to saying or typing that name...so, off topic or not I've got to ask, how you came up with THAT for a username??? I love it, don't get me wrong, it's just that my mother would have washed my mouth out with soap if she'd ever heard me say such a thing LOL!
The source film (from the mid 1970's) is really good for laughs, I think it was rated PG. Family friendly. Good stuff.
GypsyGhost and tim_s_adams like this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:

Google Monty Python. The peasants scene. You need the whole thing for context, but it's very funny. Also, I recently turned 37, and I fully plan on going around all year protesting, "I'm 37, I'm not old!"
tim_s_adams likes this.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryTart View Post
Google Monty Python. The peasants scene. You need the whole thing for context, but it's very funny. Also, I recently turned 37, and I fully plan on going around all year protesting, "I'm 37, I'm not old!"
Have you been to the play spammalot? Amazing

And to stay on topic for an old thread: this is from this weekend at boarding. Black dogs are expressive. He's not thrilled.
Dog - dog communication in Black GSDs-received_10159644859870724.jpg

Snitches get stitches.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazel View Post
It is interesting. I haven't noticed anything different with solid black dogs or gears anything. However I have heard things about problems with dogs that have bobbed tails.
I think for humans all black dogs may be a bit more intimidating, but wouldn't dogs go more for body posture than color? Except for maybe the dark body with light eyes or light eyed dogs? Haven't seen that one either but heard about possible issues with that. (Could go on a tangent about that but kind of off topic.)
It is harder to get good photographs of black dogs. Had a Scottish Terrier some years ago. Really have to tweak the exposure to the background instead of the subject. Very counter-intuitive.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think people might have this issue with black Shepards more so than other dogs.
Yesss,yes they do! Despite how seriously anal, I was with Rocky and my automatic 5 foot stand off bit. I did find that "most people" kinda sorta did that anyway, keep a respectful distance???

Lack of feedback perhaps as ... most people could not "read him??" All they saw was calm, and he would just stand beside or step five feet away and wait if off leash. The odd thing was ... ex Military ... he luv'd those guys and they never had issues with him. Pretty much ... nothing to think aout for those guys with him???

Ex military were the only people that Rocky would actually approach of his on volition?? He greeted Ex Vets ... like they were long lost friends??? I'd not seen anything like that before, kinda cool though.
tim_s_adams likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page