Child: Free To Good Home - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Child: Free To Good Home

HELP NEEDED ASAP:

Please help!!!! After two long years of being on a waiting list for an agility dog, we have been notified by the breeder that, at long last, our number has come up and ...WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!!!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children into rescue this weekend!

The children are described as:
One male - His name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained & gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female - Her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry blonde hair, green eyes quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy & can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls & little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training-shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them; that is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!!! They MUST be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

(Yes, suggesting you get rid of your children is ridiculous, but so is getting rid of your dog because you have a human child now!)

-author unknown to me-
Vala likes this.

Cara
Here's my train of thought, you can follow it if you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ GSD, born 2-9-2008
Lucky~ Golden Retriever, 2.5 years old
Mr. Monk~ Taunting Tabby Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 PM

Re: Child: Free To Good Home

This is very funny, and also has a very poignant point at the end. Too many dogs end up in rescue for all the wrong reasons!

Dante "Kronos" Von Der Sauk - 15 Months (GSD)
Drago "Atlas" Von Der Sauk - 15 Months (GSD)
Bahsha - 5 Years (Korean Jindo)
Sabre - 04/30/98 - 03/01/08 (GSD) RIP our beautiful boy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Master Member

What a great point! I wonder if you care if I pass this along to my friends in rescue who have heard it all before, except probably not this one!

"Dogs are our link to paradise.To sit with a dog
on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back
in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--
it was peace."
Milan Kundera

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Go for it ShepsRgr8. I volunteered at a rescue for 5 years. You guys are my Heroes. They are all such loving dogs. I rescued a 9 y/o GSD. He was the best dog I have ever had, even if it wasn't for very long... I will keep him forever in my heart.

Cara

~ GSD, born 2-9-2008
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Crowned Member

I would say a new baby is THE number one reason we get dogs returned to our program. I'm to a point where I don't want to adopt out to reproductive aged people any more. Of course we ask all those questions - are you planning to have kids? What will happen when you do? etc etc, and even with all the screening, of 5 fosters I've ever had personally returned FOUR of them were because they were having a new baby.

They all thought their situation was "unique" they all thought what they were doing was perfectly reasonable. It all just makes me crazy. Yes, having a new baby is stressful, but that's going to be the case dog or no dog. You hunker down, you get through it. You don't kick the old "kid" out because now you've got a new one.

I've seen that thing circulating before and I like it a lot. If I can find the author I'm going to see about posting it on our site.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Master Member

Good One!!!!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Elite Member

lol i think i could take "tommy" but lexi and her need of attitude adjustment just wont work for me. Im tired of "fixing" kids, i'd rather just buy one that already knows how to behave.... LMAO!!

Ailyn, Mommy to:

Mya - 3 year old GSD
Bear - 1 year old GSD
Abby - 3 year old ACD/shep mix
Teddy - 2 year old amer. pit bull

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Crowned Member

Alkarah's Sedona "Sasha" 9/23/04
Alkarah's Marco Aurelio Antonino Augusto "Marco" 3/9/2019
Windy Acres Doppio Espresso "Wolfgang" My sweet baby boy, gone too soon. 12/7/07 - 9/15/18
Sir Alexander So Noble "Alex" 12/12/91 - 4/2/04 RIP
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Master Member

Thanks, Cara. I will pass it on. I just had an O/S due to the woman being pregnant. I know them well. I could not believe they would do this. Anyway, I told her to keep my number becasue she might need to call me after the baby is born, you know, in case things get tough. She didn't think it was funny. Good, I wasn't kidding....

"Dogs are our link to paradise.To sit with a dog
on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back
in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--
it was peace."
Milan Kundera

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Now that IS Funny!!

Cara

~ GSD, born 2-9-2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page