getting out of a ticket - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

getting out of a ticket

We were at a dinner/dance last night. The MC did a little roast of one of the people in attendance. Seems this guy likes 'vettes, had a new one, and opened it up to about 80 on the highway. Soon he saw red lights in his rear view mirror. A trooper came up to his window and said, "it's 10 minutes until my shift ends, tell me one I've never heard before and I'll let you go". So the guy, Tom, says, "Well, Sir, my first wife ran off with a trooper and I thought you were trying to bring her back" He let him go!

Jen, proudly owned by Gracie CGC, TD, TT, PT
DOB 1/19/2006
Into our house and hearts 3/18/2006
Her last breath 2/21/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Knighted Member

Re: getting out of a ticket

That is a good one!!!!!!!

Kris

Ghost v Eichenluft
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:20 PM

Oldie but a goodie.

DFrost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Elite Member

LOL ... I never heard that one before. Great comeback!

[edit: Did his first wife really ran off with another trooper or did the story just come into his head right then?]

Janka vom Grunenfeld, BH (d.o.b. 10/12/07)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I don't know - it was told as a story at a dinner so I don't know the primary source. I just thought it was hysterical!!

Jen, proudly owned by Gracie CGC, TD, TT, PT
DOB 1/19/2006
Into our house and hearts 3/18/2006
Her last breath 2/21/2019
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Crowned Member

I have two - both true, both State Troopers and they are REALLY hard to get out of a ticket !!!!

A few months ago, I ran a left turn red - unmarked car right behind me! He pulled me over and asked where I was going, (to the pet warehouse to get dog food), asked why I ran the yellow/red - (sat through 2 of them, and thought I could squeeze through) and then he told me he was on his way to go pee! and did not feel like taking time to write a ticket, so he was just giving me a verbal warning!!!! REALLY TRUELY HONESTLY !!!! He had to go pee!

Then years ago, I was tearing up a highway on my way to an emergency vet appointment with a feral kitten who'd fallen off a fire escape and was trickling blood from the nose - got pulled over by a notoriously tough Statie who listened to me ( I did conjure up some sniffles and tears ) looked at the kitten with his little tongue sticking out, and the blood on his nose - and let me go! My friends husband who was a bus driver (the garage was in the area where this trooper was stationed) could not believe this, as this guy had SUCH a reputation as a hard ass!

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Crowned Member

Wow Lee, That is unreal that he let you go. Nice to know that even the 'tough' troopers have a soft spot.
How did the kitten make out?

Sandra
Larka GSD 1/4/06 Palla GSD 7/16/06 Loki adopted 8/23/08
Badger,Miss Crabtree & Shafford, the kitty krew
Waiting at the bridge;Palla,Tucker,Chance, Brandy and Lacy. I'll miss you to the end of eternity, and love you twice as long.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Knighted Member

Last time I got pulled over, a cop caught me doing 45 in a 25, talking on the phone, and not wearing a seat belt. I came up over the hill and saw the cop sitting there. He probably read my lips..."sh*t!" As I passed by, I saw his tail lights go on and I knew he was coming after me. So, I pulled over and waited for him. He came FLYING over the hill and passed by the street where I stopped. I think the only thing that got me out of that ticket was that I waited for him and didn't make him chase me.

Silence is Golden ~ Duct tape is Silver.

FO UCD ARCHX RLVX3 RL1X RL2X Joobie Toozday VCD1 HT RA OA OAJ NF CD-H JJ-N CTL1 TT CGC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page