We Feel Fine-cool internet database thing - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

We Feel Fine-cool internet database thing

This is cool. Click the link and play. Find out how tens of thousands of people around the world are feeling at this moment.

We Feel Fine

We Feel Fine is an exploration of human emotion on a global scale.

Since August 2005, We Feel Fine has been harvesting human feelings from a large number of weblogs. Every few minutes, the system searches the world's newly posted blog entries for occurrences of the phrases "I feel" and "I am feeling". When it finds such a phrase, it records the full sentence, up to the period, and identifies the "feeling" expressed in that sentence (e.g. sad, happy, depressed, etc.). Because blogs are structured in largely standard ways, the age, gender, and geographical location of the author can often be extracted and saved along with the sentence, as can the local weather conditions at the time the sentence was written.

Tracy
St. Louis, MO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Luca says, "Arf!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 PM

Re: We Feel Fine-cool internet database thing

I went there, it takes a while to load stuff, I'm going back when I can spend more time trying to understand how it works. Seems interesting to me.

Sandy
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 06:29 PM

Re: We Feel Fine-cool internet database thing

weel, its kind of freaky. This one person was mad @ their parents for getting in their business

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page