Mind Games Dogs Play With Humans - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ameera

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Mind Games Dogs Play With Humans

I apologize if this has been posted already but I hadn't seen it. Very funny and I'm SURE my dogs wrote a couple of them specifically!!!

1. After your humans give you a bath, DON'T LET THEM TOWEL DRY YOU ! Instead, run to their bed, jump up and dry yourself off on the sheets. This is especially good if it's right before your humans bedtime.

2. Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused.(Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)

3. Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.

4. Make your humans be patient. When you go outside to go 'pee', sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the spot you choose to go pee will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.

5. Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go 'poo'. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.

6. When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.

7. Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

8. Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door.Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).

9. When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

10. Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee.As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)

Mom to Gracie (4 year old GSD)
Hunter (2 yr old gsd/lab)
Nala GSD(9 yrs RIP)
Taz Husky (12 yrs RIP)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Caitlin
Re: Mind Games Dogs Play With Humans

I haven't seen that one I think, that's great. And soooo true. Especially #5.

Artax - Akita Rescue - 1/1/13
Kokoro - Kitty Rescue - 2/3/08

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mali - Long Coat GSD - 10/14/03 - 10/28/13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Master Member

Kaper is sooo guilty of #4. I always wondered what the perfect spot to go smelled like.

Chatham prefers #5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 AM

Those are good. Maddie does #4 a LOT, especially if it's cold/raining/I'm in the middle of doing something else, then she takes FOREVER. She whines to go outside when it's raining, so I take her out there, and as soon as her feet it the water, she refuses to go any further (and looks up at me like it's MY fault it's raining outside), so I get wet and cold for nothing. Crazy dog.
Vala likes this.

Owned by Madison, the love of my life, longhaired GSD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Quote: 9. When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door. <span style="color: #FF6666">AND DON'T FORGET TO ZIG ZAG MAKING THE LONGEST POSSIBLE ROUTE TOTHE DOOR!!!!!</span>

10. Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee.As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)
Chloe did that this morning. or the typical "I REALLY have to go, dance and when i put her out it's pouring....I dont' really have to go that badly slink"...

Dogs are our links to paradise M. Kundera
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Crowned Member

i don't think i've ever laughed so hard. I have tears!

Cindy M
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Knighted Member

When did Chase learn to type?

Hailey (16) mom to:

Tasha - 4 y/o Australian Cattle Dog

Chewy - 4 y/o Australian Shepherd

Cleo - 8 y/o American Pit Bull Terrier

Chase - 18 month old German Shepherd Dog
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: luanne

I <u>wish</u> it was only 20 minutes! Maxwell gets us up around 4:30 AM!

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
--------------------------------------------------
Maxwell's Silver Hammer GSD/Dobie X

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Crowned Member

Home Visit Coordinator
Big Dogs, Big Hearts Rescue

Rambelons Schariar the Titan 12/24/96-6/7/07
BonAirs La Dolce Vita 06/21/05
Gaige 5/23/06
Chance 1997-8/23/08
Sage 12/01/05
Drake CGC 11/30/07
Ava 1/28/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page