Rottie/Lion Mix? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Talking Rottie/Lion Mix?

I mean..what an unusual love story. They say love is blind-blind enough for a rottie and lion to fall in love, apparently!! ...would you look at that HEAD?!

Seriously, I came across this Chinese Tibetan Mastiff and had to share him. He's from Welcome chinesetm.com - Hostmonster.com. His name is Jin Gang. All I kept thinking was how much he looks like a rottie and a lion. Apparently a TM was sold for 1.5 million dollars-making it the most expensive dog ever sold. Unbelievable...

RIP Malachi 'Kai' My Midnite Rider ♡
I may not be consistent with anything else, but I'm consistent w my dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Master Member

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Crowned Member

WHOA!

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

lol jj, it does kinda look likea lion! I guess I would probably shave my dog like that, too-just for fun!!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Crowned Member

Not a breed I really ever want to be around again. They have a presence about them that's very unnerving.

The one that sold for 1.5 million was a solid red one.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013

Last edited by KZoppa; 06-28-2013 at 05:48 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

KZ, I've only been around one once in my life-when I worked as a vet-tech and I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am not generally intimidated by a dog-even a very large one-but this dog had a presence to it. I had no reason to feel unnerved but I did. There was something about it that felt very threatening...

What was your experience, KZ?

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi'sMama View Post
KZ, I've only been around one once in my life-when I worked as a vet-tech and I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am not generally intimidated by a dog-even a very large one-but this dog had a presence to it. I had no reason to feel unnerved but I did. There was something about it that felt very threatening...

What was your experience, KZ?

I encountered one at the local Petco actually. His owner had brought him in for grooming. I saw the dog and knew what it was instantly. Hard to miss. I tried very hard to ignore the dog and only speak to the owner about him. The guys daughter, who the dog grew up around, couldn't even come home from college to visit without first re-meeting the dog on neutral ground a good distance away from the house. Away from the house, the dog appeared to ignore people but you could FEEL his eyes on you. Almost made my skin crawl. There was definitely something very threatening about him. The owner was cool. Nice guy. The dog.... that dog made my blood run cold. I told my husband to keep the kids a good 20 feet away at least. Didn't want them anywhere near it. That dog had a very violent feel to his presence if that makes sense. I've never felt that from a dog before. Hope to never feel that again either. I figure they're still pretty rare here in the states so with any luck I may never encounter another one.

"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

oh it makes perfect sense. that sounds like exactly what I was feeling. I tried to tell myself I was being ridiculous-'judging' the dog like that without even knowing it. But it wasn't judging. It was my gut screaming 'BEWARE!'...I don't question my instincts.

It is a similar feeling-I would imagine-as being a foot away from a circus bear. You know it's been trained and around people its whole life, yet there's that voice in the back of your head that says..be vigilant and ready to defend yourself

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi'sMama View Post
oh it makes perfect sense. that sounds like exactly what I was feeling. I tried to tell myself I was being ridiculous-'judging' the dog like that without even knowing it. But it wasn't judging. It was my gut screaming 'BEWARE!'...I don't question my instincts.

It is a similar feeling-I would imagine-as being a foot away from a circus bear. You know it's been trained and around people its whole life, yet there's that voice in the back of your head that says..be vigilant and ready to defend yourself

I'd rather be close to the bear honestly than that breed again!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Crowned Member

A Rott/lion mix....hey I thought you meant my dog Coke!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page