Cartoon - babies screaming in public places - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Cartoon - babies screaming in public places

There is a new cartoonist on staff of our local newspaper that is brave enough to draw what most are afraid to speak. I found one that was non-political.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Knighted Member

Lol! Oh so true.

I was thinking the same thing at work last night as a family walked around the building with one kid crying for a game, and their toddler screaming at the top of their lungs (not upset... just screaming cause they wanted too... then they'd laugh, and continue on with screaming). This went on for over an hour.

I just can't understand why parents think that's ok these days. Back when I was a kid, the second I started even the smallest fit.... I got pulled aside, or outside completely and given a good talking to! I did a throw down to the floor screaming fit ONCE.... and my goodness, I never did that again throughout my whole childhood. If I had a problem, it waited until we were out of the store and we talked about it. Parents just fail at discipline these days, and they are also way too quick to ignore their children and let them do as they wish... then when someone says something, they get angry.

I was in a store a few days ago. Part of the store was under construction. They had caution tape surrounding the whole thing multiple times, and shopping baskets laying over the holes that had wires inside the part that was already blocked off. Well, while the father was looking at cameras... his son managed to climb INTO the caution tape fencing.... and was lifting up the baskets and digging into the holes in the floor. The father did nothing. We watched this for 10min until I finally said something. He gave me a nasty look, and ripped his son out of the construction site.... then left in a rage. All I said was... "Sir, I think those are electrical wires your son is playing with. I'd really hate to see him get hurt.".... I thought to myself "Wow! First off, back in the day we wouldn't have been just ignored with our parents back to us like that out in public... But, also my parents would have been THANKFUL that someone was caring enough to keep us safe." Instead I got attitude back.

This is definitely something that really ticks me off about society.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Elite Member

AND we wouldn't have been so dumb as kids these days to go through the caution tape. If my daughter did that I would be upset that she clearly ignored the tape blocking it off. Tantrums happen, and I'm a pretty gentle parent. But I'm not afraid to remove my child from the store. Even if that means I'm leaving a full grocery cart behind.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Knighted Member

Ha! It doesn't stop with babies. A new family moved in 2 houses down and they have 2 little ones. They let them out in the yard and all you hear is them screeming & yelling.
All the kids around here have grown from the screeming little ones to the teens getting rowdy in the woods then driving up and down the block 50 times a day. We finaly had peace.....oh well.

Carolyn
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Wolfen - WGSD 12/31/14
Bull -WGSD 2-10-10
💔
Apache - Shiloh Shepherd 12/15/02 - 6/9/15
Kiya - Shiloh Shepherd 5/15/04 -12/19/25
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone22 View Post
I'm not afraid to remove my child from the store. Even if that means I'm leaving a full grocery cart behind.

I've had to do that when my twins were little!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone22 View Post
AND we wouldn't have been so dumb as kids these days to go through the caution tape. If my daughter did that I would be upset that she clearly ignored the tape blocking it off. Tantrums happen, and I'm a pretty gentle parent. But I'm not afraid to remove my child from the store. Even if that means I'm leaving a full grocery cart behind.

I wish more did that here. It happens, I get it... but, do something! Unfortunately, they just let them scream and do nothing about it. As if THEY don't hear it. Well, I'm not a rude person and I don't look to offend..... But, I am not a parent by choice, and do not want to here everyone else's bratty kids scream and whine and throw fits. I DO hear it, loud and clear! It's the same thing with dogs..... I wouldn't go out in public with my dogs barking and carrying on and expect everyone to put up with it. IF I thought that was ok... then fine, but in my own home where it's only me hearing it. People these days are just extremely self centered, rude, and completely out of touch with humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
Ha! It doesn't stop with babies. A new family moved in 2 houses down and they have 2 little ones. They let them out in the yard and all you hear is them screeming & yelling.
All the kids around here have grown from the screeming little ones to the teens getting rowdy in the woods then driving up and down the block 50 times a day. We finaly had peace.....oh well.
Lol! We're lucky... it's all old couples, and young couples here. No children around. We did have a couple that lived next door that had a baby, and he was about 4 when they moved out. But, I tell you... I never heard him. Must of been the most well behaved child. The only time I knew he was there was when he was playing in his little battery powered car outside, or on his swing.
They were also extremely respectful of our dogs, and so was the little boy. Never had an issue. They were great neighbors.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Crowned Member

Love this!! My kids are being raised how my husband and I were raised. Stupid actions have consequences. No tantrums. Manners are a must.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Master Member

Love that cartoon!

We don't have children, but if we did we wouldn't let them get away with tantrums and such. We weren't raised that way.

Faust von der Graf ("Joey")
13 year old GSD 11-22-05; SchH3
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Knighted Member

My father and I would have made a quick trip to the men's room had I acted like that in public. In fact we did make a few trips as I was growing up.

My son and I made the same trips a time or two as well.

[grumpy old fart]There's no excuse for a child to act like that in public. If you can't manage your children leave them at home.
[/grumpy old fart]

Bear, Anna, Molly, Ossie, and The Countess Lisl von Schlaf

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 PM

My husband and I do not have kids. We have been out places to eat on a wait finally get to our table surrounded by screaming or misbehaving children and decline to sit there and wait longer for another table. If I would of EVER acted like that as a child I would have no skin left on my backside. I was not abused and rarely got a spanking but the fear of one was enough for me to mind my P's and Q's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page