RECALL: BLUE BUFFALO Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

RECALL: BLUE BUFFALO Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight

February 13, 2017 — Blue Buffalo Company has issued a voluntary recall for specific lots of Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight due to possible aluminum metal contamination.

The recalled product includes:
  • Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight, Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables
  • 12.5 ounce can
  • UPC: 8-40243-10017-0
  • Codes: Best By 08/03/2019
The “Best By” date is on the bottom of the can.
No other Blue Buffalo products are involved. The company has not received any reports of illness or injury as a result of the problems giving rise to this recall.

Customers are invited to return the impacted product to your local retailer for a full refund. For additional information, call 866-800-2917.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Crowned Member

Oh wow thanks for this my mom feeds her dog blue buffalo.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Makes me wonder what's going on with the Simmon's plant that is manufacturing pet food for many well know companies!

"Simmons Pet Food is a leading North American private-label and contract manufacturer of wet and dry pet food and treats." Simmons Pet Food

In 2010 Simmons bought out Menu: "Arkansas pet food company, Simmons Pet Food, is buying out Menu Foods. Menu Foods was involved in the massive pet food recall of 2007 that killed countless dogs and cats, due to food being contaminated with melamine. Menu Foods recalled at least 60 million cans and pouches of pet food in 2007 after contaminated products from China got into the company’s supply chain and caused some animal deaths. The company survived but the recall cost it tens of millions of dollars, produced big losses, led to cancelled contracts and battered its stock price.
" https://www.petsitusa.com/blog/?p=3459

Besides this Blue Buffalo Recall, the foods below, manufactured by Simmons, were recalled or voluntarily recalled, as a precaution in the past year, because of metal or foreign materials in or, possibly in the food :

Petsmart: "This product is being voluntarily recalled as a precautionary measure due to metal contamination that could potentially be a choking hazard to pets.
Grreat Choice Adult Dog Food with Chicken & Rice Classic Ground, 13.2 oz. cans
7-3725726116-7
Best By
8/5/19
Lot 1759338

Companion
canned dog food sold at Stop and Shop, Martin’s Foods, and at Giant Food Store retail outlets is being recalled because it may contain – an as yet unnamed – “foreign material”.
Companion Dog Food with Chicken and Rice – 13.2 OZ
UPC: 68826707501
Codes: Best By 08/05/2019
Companion Dog Food with Chicken, Lamb and Rice – 13.2 OZ
UPC: 68826700360
Companion Dog Food with Turkey and Bacon – 13.2 OZ
UPC: 68826700356

Wellness: “Our Quality team learned that a foreign material was found in non-WellPet products made in the same facility, and so we are taking this conservative step to ensure the well-being of cats and to put our consumers’ minds at ease.”

Wellness Canned Cat 12.5 oz
Chicken & Herring
08/04/2019
Chicken
08/03/2019 & 08/04/2019
Chicken & Lobster
08/04/2019
Turkey & Salmon
08/05/2019
Turkey
08/04/2019 & 08/05/2019
Beef & Chicken
08/05/2019
Beef & Salmon
08/05/2019

This is an old list from 2012 (and I do not know if it is still current) but it will give you an idea of the brand names that Simmons manufactures.
Blue Buffalo can
Canidae can
Castor Pollux Can
Life’s Abundance Can
Nature’s Logic Can
Ol’ Roy Can
Dogswell can
Evolve can
Petcurean can
Nature’s Variety can

Moms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:12 AM
Crowned Member

I wonder if it's the cans themselves. Thanks again my mom was feeding blue buffalo canned but not that particular one. I was glad to give her a heads up though.
I have to check my emails more.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
I wonder if it's the cans themselves. Thanks again my mom was feeding blue buffalo canned but not that particular one. I was glad to give her a heads up though.
I have to check my emails more.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

SILENT RECALL OF ANOTHER SIMMONS PRODUCT!

What is a SILENT Recall?: per The Safety Institute: silent recalls: a manufacturer tries to address a safety problem by offering a safety fix or new product without notifying the appropriate government agency and working with them on the mandated recall process. It’s not an accepted industry practice nor condoned industry-wide. Nonetheless, circumventing the recalls process is a significant potential consumer safety issue.

Triumph Cat Food Metal Contamination, Choking Hazard to Cats

(PER: Mollie Morrissette of Poisoned Pets) Triumph Cat Food Recalled for Metal Contamination, Choking Hazard to Cats - Poisoned Pets | A look inside the pet food industry

After Susan Thixton of Truth About Pet Food posted a notice about a possible Triumph pet food recall, I got confirmation today from Triumph Pet Food that yes, indeed, there is an actual recall for a Triumph canned cat food for possible contamination with metal pieces which could pose a serious choking risk to cats. Unfortunately, because this is what’s known as a ‘silent recall’ you will not find this information anywhere on the FDA’s website, nor on Triumph’s own website.
The following information was given to me by a Triumph consumer representative over the phone: They informed me the recall was only for Triumph’s Ocean Fish Formula Cat Food in the 13.2 oz cans, UPC 0-73657-00289-5, with a production date of August 3, 2016.
They also confirmed the food was manufactured at the same Simmons Pet Food canning facility where four other recent recalls for pet foods that were initiated for the same reason: metal contamination. Those other recalls were for canned varieties of PetSmart’s Grreat dog food, Wellness’ cat food, Companion’s dog food and Blue Buffalo’s dog food.
Customers who have questions or concerns are urged to contact Triumph Pet Food online or call them toll-free at (800) 705-2111.

Moms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page