GSD/Malinois? .....2 days left (safe in Foster Care). - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

GSD/Malinois? .....2 days left (safe in Foster Care).

Wondering if some doggie people have some contacts this male.....malinois?? ... approx. 2 years old was picked up by a local shelter and is slated for.....euthanasia unless a foster home or home can be found. Male, full of energy, no signs of food aggression but high energy and a "goofy boy". Malinois peeps....know any rescues or anyone that could help? He has NO manners - was apparently humping the dog catchers leg repeatedly but when corrected went into goofy playful puppy mode...Please share - located north of Toronto in a shelter.

Carmspack Gus
Nov/25/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Crowned Member

I don't know if they work with mixes but you can try these folks: Spirit Ridge Brags

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Elite Member

I'd take him if I had the land, and wasn't getting a puppy. Hate seeing any dog in a shelter. What a waste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I've passed in your link Bowwow.

It's hard to see so many landing in kill shelters. This was passed on to me to share wherever I could. I'm not seeing a ton of Mal in those pics but I don't know alot about them. If it's not a Mal, calling him as such could be making adoption more difficult.

Carmspack Gus
Nov/25/2012
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Crowned Member

Where is he exactly? If you post the shelter details, it can help with networking.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Crowned Member

if it helps at all , I wouldn't call him a mal either (pasterns and feet not typical)--- I wouldn't call him a 2 year old --- looks more like 6 -- looks out of prime -- lot of grey on muzzle.

hope he has a chance ---

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Crowned Member

Saphire, I just sent a PM with a rescue to contact in the Maritimes that transports dogs from far-away to adopt in their area.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 01:10 PM
Crowned Member

I have an active , out doorsy, senior lady who is looking for a GSD with some maturity to adopt.
I can highly recommend her as an owner as she has had two (or three?) dogs from me , one still with her and very well loved .
Because of her own age she does not want a puppy.
The GSD she has from me is used to being a happy social member of a multi dog household.
The owner lives rural and hikes daily, rain or shine or feet of snow with access to a quarry for those hikes

near your area Cathy --- if anyone is on facebook maybe contact Leslee or Angel .

I told her I would "vet" the candidates before recommending them to her

Carmen

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
I have an active , out doorsy, senior lady who is looking for a GSD with some maturity to adopt.
I can highly recommend her as an owner as she has had two (or three?) dogs from me , one still with her and very well loved .
Because of her own age she does not want a puppy.
The GSD she has from me is used to being a happy social member of a multi dog household.
The owner lives rural and hikes daily, rain or shine or feet of snow with access to a quarry for those hikes

near your area Cathy --- if anyone is on facebook maybe contact Leslee or Angel .

I told her I would "vet" the candidates before recommending them to her
I have posted in the German Shepherd ontario rescue. I'm trying to get abit more info on him to pass along.

Carmspack Gus
Nov/25/2012
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 02:12 PM
Crowned Member

If you could go to the shelter to evaluate him and take a phone video, then put it up on FB, it would be a huge help to potential adopters and rescues.

I tend to not put much stock in shelter staff who aren't all that good at "reading" working breed temperaments (they either overstate or understate issues), but it's a huge help when someone who knows what a good temperament is has time to go spend an hour or so with the dog (time enough for it to relax, go for a walk, and let go of the "I'm getting out of my cage" excitement to hopefully see who the dog really is). That kind of knowledgeable assessment often makes a huge difference in getting dogs out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page