PRINCETON WV-3 yo b&r intact m,owner died, severely stressed needs out of shelter!!!! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenhwyfair View Post
Ninadog, the rescue member in VA's screen name here is "Remo". She is a member of this rescue: Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

Try them and see if they can help with this boy, they may have contacts, fosters that can help.
Ninadog, did you see this post from Gwehhwyfair?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Crowned Member

Thanks for bumping this Newlie. I'll send a PM to Remo and call the shelter in the AM to find out the status. I can't believe this dog hasn't been pulled yet?
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenhwyfair View Post
Thanks for bumping this Newlie. I'll send a PM to Remo and call the shelter in the AM to find out the status. I can't believe this dog hasn't been pulled yet?
I can't find him on the website or on petfinder. If he's there, he isn't listed as adoptable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Oh, he's so gorgeous! If Shep was a girl I'd be ready to drive out there to get him!
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 08:25 AM

Is VGSR working on this beautiful boy? I planned to go and see him on Saturday, but I do not want to duplicate efforts.
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 08:26 AM

Is VGSR working on this beautiful boy? I planned to go and see him on Saturday but I do not want to duplicate efforts if someone has committed to him.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Crowned Member

Update:

I called the shelter yesterday. The lady that answered the phone could not give me much information on him. She said she was 'pretty sure' that "Buddy" is still there. She called him a "special case" but could not tell me any more information.

She took my phone number and said the ACO (Elizabeth) would return my call. I haven't heard back.

Lea (VGSR, screen name "Remo") did PM me back yesterday. She said she would look into this guy. The only problem is they may not be able to help if he is dog aggressive since they don't have a foster situation available for DA dogs.

Fingers crossed Lea and her group can help this guy!!

If the ACO calls me back I will post information here.
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 09:38 AM
Crowned Member

Hi,

Per my phone call with the shelter yesterday, it sounds like he's still in limbo there. Hopefully Elizabeth the ACO will call me back today with more information.

See my post above, Lea with VGSR is looking into him as of today but it's no where close to a done deal.

Fosters are hard to find so if he's still there Friday my suggestion is to go up there and look at him. At the very least you can share information and cross post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppinnow View Post
Is VGSR working on this beautiful boy? I planned to go and see him on Saturday but I do not want to duplicate efforts if someone has committed to him.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Knighted Member

Such a beautiful boy. He is obviously stressed at losing his owner and then being caged constantly. If Raina weren't an only child with an attitude I would go and get him.

Teri

Amorette Vom Godinghofer of Summerland (AKA Abby) 5/21/15
Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Knighted Member

If someone can go meet him, go for it! I sent an email to intake - BUT - if he is dog aggressive there is very little we can do. Almost all of our foster homes have other dogs in residence and the only dogless foster that I know of already has a dog aggressive dog that he is fostering.

There are three other GSD rescues in this area - All Shepherd Rescue, Promises Animal Rescue and Mid-Atlantic GS Rescue. I don't know if any of them might be able to help.

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page