Need urgent help, please! - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 01:38 PM

It's more than enough for me that there is a possible happy ending for your boy.

What's the name of the trainer? I'd like to give them a call and see what they have to say if it wouldn't be intruding too much.
First name only is fine. I know most of the trainers there.

David Winners

When a dog saves the life of a man, it becomes clear that partnership knows no bounds.

Fama - T.E.D.D. OEF XI-XII (GSD)(RET)
Marshall - T.E.D.D. OEF XII-XIII (Lab)(SF EDD)
Lucian - Med Alert / Mobility SD (Cane Corso)
Pud - the old man (Pit x Lab)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Winners View Post
It's more than enough for me that there is a possible happy ending for your boy.

What's the name of the trainer? I'd like to give them a call and see what they have to say if it wouldn't be intruding too much.
First name only is fine. I know most of the trainers there.

David Winners
Jessie is his name. And I would love for you to talk to him. Please let me know your thoughts if you do get in touch with him. I have his cell phone number I can pm you if you need it.

Thanks again!!!
post #43 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 01:45 PM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

Great story!!! I hope they are able to work with your pup so you can bring him home. If not, then he can be a working dog, saving lives.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

"So that others may live"

Hannah vom Steffenhaus, BH, Wilderness SAR
Eisenhower v.d Polizei "Ike" Wilderness SAR, CGC
B'Lena z. Treuenhanden
Nixon vom Banach, RATN
Phoster, FEMA USAR(Labrador)
Ch. Pennywise Sticky Wicket(Dandie Dinmont Terrier)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdsar View Post
Great story!!! I hope they are able to work with your pup so you can bring him home. If not, then he can be a working dog, saving lives.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thank you!!
post #45 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Crowned Member

What a wonderful ending to a complicated situation! I wish you all the best, you are a good person and deserve a happy ending.
post #46 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Crowned Member

I'm glad you are getting some help and not giving up. Please keep this thread updated if possible. I'm curious to know where you took him before deciding on going with VLK?

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #47 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Crowned Member

Could you also clarify your pups age? Is he 7 months now or did you get him in January at 7 months of age....I am assuming he's 7 months, though seeing that level of reactive aggression in a young pup is strange.

Jane~
Kept by

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #48 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Could you also clarify your pups age? Is he 7 months now or did you get him in January at 7 months of age....I am assuming he's 7 months, though seeing that level of reactive aggression in a young pup is strange.
Yes, he's 7 months, almost 8 months old now. The aggression really started the end of April, so he would have been 5 months old then. We got him at 7 weeks which I felt was way too young but the other families picked up their pups so the breeder wanted ours to go as well.
post #49 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelGSD View Post
What a wonderful ending to a complicated situation! I wish you all the best, you are a good person and deserve a happy ending.
What a sweet thing to say, thank you so much!
post #50 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Another update!

The good news just keeps coming! My husband spoke with the trainer this morning and he said he has NO DOUBT that our boy can come home! He said he is a great dog and will be a great family dog for us. He said he is no way an aggressive dog, he just basically is making stupid decisions. He has him off muzzle, meeting everyone. People are coming up to pet him from behind, the front, all sides basically and he is doing just fine! We are going down there for a visit next week so that he can try to recreate the problems we are having with him so that he can work on correcting him, and to teach us how to correct him. He thinks one more visit after that and we will be able to BRING HIM HOME!!!! I can't believe it! I finally told the kids today and they are so excited! They keep telling our golden that her "brother is coming home soon"!

I'll post after our visit next week if any one is interested. Also, this trainer is being unbelievably kind and generous to us so I would love to bring him a gift of some sort. Does anyone have any ideas what I could bring for him? Or should I bring something for all the staff like a basket of cookies or something? I'm so grateful to them, I cannot show up empty handed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page