Need urgent help, please! - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Crowned Member

Find some Schutzhund or other sport clubs. Ask there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Crowned Member

[quote=bluefrogmama;5668329]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
Please do keep us posted, and show us a picture of this feisty one!

Hopefully he will go to the right place and this will have a very happy ending.[/QUOTE

Hopefully I did this right, but here he is. He's so handsome!
I might be biased but he is gorgeous and looks like my Midnite before he filled out. What line is he from?

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #33 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Crowned Member

You did the right thing, do not spend time doubting the choice you made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 02:20 PM

so glad I read through this thread, I hope it all works out for the best.

~ ~ ~ Melissa, Emme (A Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever!), and 4 Cats ~ ~ ~
post #35 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Crowned Member

This is Midnite at the shelter...

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...1&d=1403302551
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	218521  

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #36 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefrogmama View Post
I just cannot thank you enough!! They are going to take him!!!! The guy I spoke with said they will work with him to see what the best fit for him might be. I have no idea what that will be yet but at least he might have a chance for a long happy life in the right situation. I'm so unbelievably relieved and happy! My eyes are practically swollen shut from crying but I'm feeling so much better now.

A million thanks to you all for your help, private messages, and words of encouragement. I have hope that this will have a positive outcome. I'll keep you all posted!
I'm so happy your received some help! I was feeling for you reading that you wanted a low drive family dog but got the extreme opposite. I thought I was having a bad day until I read this. You must feel an enormous sense of relief.
post #37 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 08:59 PM

so glad to read this boy will be given a chance !

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #38 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
What a great looking dog! They do look similar!
post #39 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again everyone. I'm relieved but so sad too. This is not at all what I thought would happen when we brought him home. I am still grieving over the loss of my 13 year old golden/collie mix that passed on October 1st, and now I'm grieving 8 months later over my puppy. Just such a crappy situation!

Turns out we are bringing him home on Sunday night so that my husband can take him to this new kennel on Monday morning. I'm very nervous about him being back in our home but at least I'll be able to officially say good bye to him. We are planning to isolate him completely from the kids so that everyone stays safe. It will be a long emotional and nerve racking night!
post #40 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

I wanted to give you all an update. My husband brought our baby home on Sunday and our plan was to isolate him but there was absolutely no need to do that! He was the sweetest, most loving dog I've ever seen! We all just went nuts over him, loving him, playing with him, spoiling him with massive amounts of treats. He ended up jumping up in bed with us on Sunday night (which he has never done before) and slept in my husbands arms for a bit, and then mine before jumping down to sleep on his dog bed. He seemed so happy and so grateful to be home which made saying goodbye to him even more heartbreaking than we ever could have imagined. The kids and I cried pretty much all day yesterday.

So, my husband made the 3 1/2 hour road trip to the kennel in Indiana yesterday with our boy resting his head either in his lap, or on his arm for almost the entire trip. My husband decided that he was just not ready to give up on him quite yet. After a lengthly talk with the trainer who was taking him in, the trainer said that he has seen way worse than our boy and has been successful training dogs that are worse than him. He said he is very confident that he can get him to where he can be back in our home! He has been sending us updates and pictures, and will send us videos of the training to show us his progress. I can't even describe to you all how excited I am!!

I know he has a very, very long way to go, (and we will have a lot of work a head of us if he does come home) so I am trying very hard not to get my hopes up, but I was not at all expecting this kind of news! We haven't told the kids yet (which is killing me!) because I'm just paranoid that it won't happen and I don't want to break their hearts all over again. My husband is having a conference call tomorrow with this trainer to see what his thoughts are now that he'll have had him and have been working with him for a few days, to address our concerns, and to find out what his time frame is.

David Winners, if this works and we are able to bring our boy home, I will have to do something for you! Even if it's donating to your favorite charity in your name, I have to do something! I am so incredibly grateful to you!! When I think about what would have happened to him if I didn't post here….oh I just can't go there!

Oh, and the breeder still blames us, says we didn't socialize him enough and that she wouldn't place another puppy with us because we obviously don't know what we are doing. Real nice, huh?! We are so done with her!

Any way, on a happier note, I just had to update you all since you've all been so helpful and supportive. I'll let you know how things progress over the next few days/weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page