German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Follow-up from (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/follow-up/)
-   -   Need a farm for my dog; Ork Vom Stahlfang (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/follow-up/307042-need-farm-my-dog%3B-ork-vom-stahlfang.html)

suzpetitt 07-21-2013 07:32 PM

Need a farm for my dog; Ork Vom Stahlfang

2 Attachment(s)
At least that is what I would like to get him. Ork is a German import and a very healthy 13 years. We just had a complete blood panel done on him. I am not in a position to keep him any longer and he still has a lot of life in him. He would like nothing better to follow a farmer around all day. He was my stud in my breeding business and sired gorgeous pups. This could be a part time situation as the owner of one of his daughters can keep him part of the month. I am open to options. I just want him to be happy his remaining years. 508-476-5100

wolfy dog 07-21-2013 07:35 PM

Ah, sad.

JakodaCD OA 07-21-2013 07:59 PM

I don't know what your circumstance is, that you can't keep your 13 year old dog who's probably given his all to you for those 13 years, just wanted to say I find it very sad as well:(

Jax08 07-21-2013 08:06 PM

You might want to note where you are located at? How well does he get along with other dogs? Cats? Strangers?

Lilie 07-21-2013 08:07 PM

I just had to go out and give an extra hug and a couple of chicken feet treats to my old Golden.

wolfy dog 07-21-2013 08:13 PM

Would love to know the reason you cannot keep him. I cannot imagine him "follow a farmer all day" just by the way he is standing.
Since you are open to suggestions, here's mine: open your heart up again and give this dog a soft bed and all the balls he wants. Re-homing an old guy like him is bad for him.
I have a 14 year old dog who has always and still is a sweet guy. He sleeps all day. I just have to be his service human so he knows where he is, where his food is, tap his head to wake up to go outside (deaf and almost blind) etc. That's what you do as a small payback to all the years of loyalty he gave you. I sincerely hope you'll keep him comfy with you. When he passes you'll be happy you did that for him.

Apoolutz 07-21-2013 08:23 PM

I can't imagine a 13 year old dog would want to follow a farmer around all day, how cruel can people be?

wolfstraum 07-21-2013 08:24 PM

poor dog to have his world ripped apart at 13 years old.....are you absolutely sure you cannot figure out a way to keep him???? He probably does not have a long time left!
And rehoming might stress him so much that he won't last long....

Lee

Castlemaid 07-21-2013 08:27 PM

You posted in the Trading Post. Are you selling this dog?

Sunflowers 07-21-2013 09:01 PM

179 Attachment(s)
Gorgeous German Shepherd (douglas, Ma)
Ork Vom Stahlfang is a German import and was the crux of my breeding business for 7 years. He has been retired for several years and unfortunately, I can no longer keep him with me. He just came from the vet where he had a full blood panel and he is in excellent condition. He will be one of those that lives till 17. He is approaching 13 yrs. He has a beautiful disposition with people of all ages, and will get along with a dog as long as the dog doesn't challenge him. Leaves cats alone if they leave him alone. I want valid references and am looking to place him in a loving environment with land. He loves to play and especially likes men. Call 508-476-5100 to talk with Suzanne
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests