German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Follow-up from (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/follow-up/)
-   -   Need a farm for my dog; Ork Vom Stahlfang (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/follow-up/307042-need-farm-my-dog%3B-ork-vom-stahlfang.html)

RunShepherdRun 07-23-2013 10:22 AM

Oops, you are of course right, Lee. It's Elly paternal grandsire's lines that are EG, and I mixed it up w/out looking at the pedigrees again.

I'll see what I can do in MA.

Mrs.K 07-23-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfstraum (Post 3906777)
WFIW - and so no one is misled......Ork is not "East German" - he is West German! Blackie and Berry Neuenland, Arek Stoffelblick, Falco v h Sindrin and Troll v d Bosen Nachtbarschaft are all very very well known West German working lines coming forward in a large percentage of todays WG dogs....not going way back to see what if any EG dogs are there...but the dog is WG Working

Lee

Ditto, he's heavy on Koerbelbach. You don't just give a dog like him up if there is not a darn good reason. Some people would give anything to get their hands on that kind of bloodlines, these days. Not only that, but they wouldn't just discard of a dog like that.

Putting that dog on Craigslist, comes very close to a crime in my opinion because most people will not understand what's behind that dog.

Jax08 07-23-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunShepherdRun (Post 3906881)
Oops, you are of course right, Lee. It's Elly paternal grandsire's lines that are EG, and I mixed it up w/out looking at the pedigrees again.

I'll see what I can do in MA.

Thank You!!!

RunShepherdRun 08-15-2013 11:54 AM

Ork moved to his forever home yesterday. He is living with one of his grandsons, Elly's older brother, and two very experienced GSD people who stay/work from home. His new home is rural, has one acre fenced in plus four acres of trails. He will get the veterinary care he very much needs. His new people are very GSD and senior experienced.

He has medical issues that need diagnosis and treatment. His arthritis needs more intervention than he had, and he is now getting the veterinary care that he needs to make him comfortable. Even if he has only a few months left, he is in a great home, well taken care of, and loved as Opa Ork. He loves being outside with people, sniffing about and lying on the grass, and that's what he can do now to his heart's content. He and his grandson do well together from he start.

I evaluated him and found him to be a great gentleman, a fabulous dog. Still very alert and playful, even though his arthritis must cause him major discomfort. Opa Ork and and his granddaughter Elly played tug!

PS This was a private adoption. I am beyond extremely grateful to the people who adopted him.

carmspack 08-15-2013 11:58 AM

glad to see the old dog have a good home

Merciel 08-15-2013 12:18 PM

So happy for this update, thank you for posting it. :)

wolfstraum 08-15-2013 12:34 PM

Thanks for your sucessful efforts and the update RunShepherdRun!!!! Have wondered alot about what had happened to this dog!!!! Very very very glad to see he is in a good place and much thanks to the people who adopted him!!!

Lee

katieliz 10-30-2013 07:35 PM

Just now catching up on this...thank GOODNESS someone stepped up for this dog!!! Enjoy your remaining time dear soul!