Denton, TX Bandit- Longhair sable male (adopted) - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Those pictures show his color really well. He's just gorgeous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Elite Member

Boy, change the red to tan and he looks like Patton. What a gorgeous looking lad. I'm jealous of who ever ends up with him in the long run.

Clover - GSD 9 yr old Rescue
R.I.P. Spats, Sophie, Emmie, Pooh Bear, Rogue, Max and Patton

Remember, if someone has a problem with you.........it is in fact their problem.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Did a really promising home visit with Bandit today! I really like this couple for him. They're going to talk it over and let me know for sure in the morning. Paws crossed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Crowned Member

I hope they are worthy of him! He sure is handsome, and wishing him a great forever home that will give him every opportunity to excel.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Banned

He looks like a big sweet goof
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Yaaaay! Bandit got adopted! He was adopted by a really awesome couple who has a white GSD mix. They're obviously "dog people." They started telling me about how they adopted her from a shelter and she kept having skin and digestive problems so they took her to the vet and tried different supplements and finally figured out she had to eat grain-free and use this special allergy shampoo.. . . .I knew I'd found real dog people. I think he's going to be great for them, and they'll be a fabulous home for him.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:

post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Crowned Member

Congrats to Bandit! Please let them know that while he is still HW+ it is very important to limit his activity to leash potties and quiet house time only.

post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanKBBMMMAAN View Post
Congrats to Bandit! Please let them know that while he is still HW+ it is very important to limit his activity to leash potties and quiet house time only.
See, that's what I was thinking and I specifically asked the vet about this. He said that since it's an extremely light positive and we're doing the slow-kill method which will likely take over a year, this is not the case?

- 6 years

At the Bridge:

post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Crowned Member

Nope! I found - I think on the American HW website - that if you have a dog with 40 adult worms and they are quiet, they will get better more quickly than a dog with like 14 worms who is allowed to run around. They tested it by implanting the worms so yuck, but accurate. I will look for it and post it here. It surprised me. Or actually that's kind of a reverse of how I said - a dog will get sicker quicker even if they have less worms.

post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanKBBMMMAAN View Post
Nope! I found - I think on the American HW website - that if you have a dog with 40 adult worms and they are quiet, they will get better more quickly than a dog with like 14 worms who is allowed to run around. They tested it by implanting the worms so yuck, but accurate. I will look for it and post it here. It surprised me. Or actually that's kind of a reverse of how I said - a dog will get sicker quicker even if they have less worms.
That would be great if you could find something definitive. I've found differing opinions on different websites, but nothing concrete from somebody with authority like the heart worm association, so I was just going by what the vet said.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page