Frustrated or disappointed...not sure which applies, probably both!
As I've previously mentioned in another of my threads, I have a deposit for my next girl. I was #4 for a female. Well, the breeder just contacted me and informed me that only 3 females were born from 2 litters. So I lose out this time around
She is expecting another litter or 2 during the summer, but no way can I go without for the summer months. Bad enough I've been with out for the last 2 months, but to have to wait until the end of the summer isn't something I want to go through. She did mention that she has plans in the works to import GSD pups next month and she states she has experience getting pups from this overseas breeder in the past. At face value...I'm not sure if I should proceed with this option since I know nothing about getting an imported pup. Meaning pros and cons.
Meanwhile, I've started searching again. I've reached out to a few breeders and heard back from 2. One is in Indiana, that is listed at 'PuppySpot'. 1st thought is I'm not going through what I did with Marley so naturally I'm hesitant with buying over the web. However, PuppySpot does have some impressive credentials (IMO) and backs the health for 10 yrs. Price is acceptable @ $2400 and includes shipping to here in CT. Based on the pics I've received and reviewing the contract, I'm interested. But... ??
Next is a breeder from Ma, just outside of Boston. He has a 10 week old Black/Tan female with her pedigree history. This breeder has some impressive reviews on Facebook if they're sincere. Plus this breeder needs to interview me in person and would travel to my home with the pup, not that I couldn't drive there. If I meet his criteria, which I'm confident I'll exceed, he'll leave the pup with me after payment...which is the only negative...$4K GULP!! I was hoping to keep the price at $2500 max.
Before I continue to ramble on and on, I'll stop here. If any of you have any suggestions or comments by all means let me hear them. You folks have helped me avoid problems in the past and hoping for some words of wisdom again. One thing I will stress...I don't want to make a decision based on emotions, but it seems that I'm heading there again. There are a boatload of BYB's out there which I want no part of. But finding a reputable breeder within driving distance from CT seems to be challenging so far.
Thanks in advance!