Another pup eating isse... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Another pup eating isse...

Here is my problem with our pup. Our girl is a bit underweight. We have given her all of this food and she its a struggle to get her to eat. While the last couple of days she has been eating a bit better although she wont eat breakfast and the only reason she may be eating dinner in evening quite possibly because she is so hungry by then is the only reason she maybe eating her dinner , she is still a big underweight. From what I can tell so far from being on this board that puppies not eating is a bit common, but what I'm wondering is if this is something that most people find will resolve itself overtime and she will put on weight then as well. Or is this something that we need to be taking additional steps to overcome?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Another pup eating isse...

For reference... https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...876&Main=71703

V-Shepherd needs advice on choosing a better food for the pupper. She's currently on Purina ProPlan.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 06:18 PM

Re: Another pup eating isse...

V--

It could be a food sensitivity or an allergy. We've been working with a vet for 3 weeks dealing with this issue. Jake has a corn sensitivity. We found out because he picked at his food sometimes, sometimes he devoured it, looked skinny, had soft poos, and was itchy. We finally figured out that it was corn when I switched to Blue Buffalo brand and the symptoms began to get better.

This is just my experience, but maybe it will help. Good luck finding the right food for your pup.

Jake's Mom

Max (GSD) June 1997 to Sept 2006
Jake (GSD) Oct 2008
Keilan (GSD) May 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page