all the differnet foods - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

all the differnet foods

I know there is a hundred articles on all of the different foods
and I know I had asked so many questions before
But before I came here I had really no clue on DOG FOODS and what garbage is in them,,,,

So I got Jack on 1/2 nutro and 1/2 solid gold had tried totw but it smelled way to strong for me

I liked the solid gold but there is just so many types
by mistake I picked up the wolf club puppy did not realize it was different from the regular... we have no real pet stores here and no selections and even if there are they never have it so then you are out of food....

I just wnat a good food for him and was thinking the Orijen LB puppy but he is nearly 6 months now and wondering if regular or just puppy food is better also does anyone know how bad it smells it does have fish in it and it is high in protein

I need a food without barley he seems to poop more on it LOL
then I was looking at Inova that has barley

Also looked at the inova evo but it has a lot of calcium
I am so confused at thsi point,,,,,
He needs a better diet but need the canned also but I want to get him one ONE GOOD FOOD

any suggestions

KATHY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Master Member

Re: all the differnet foods

I started using Orijen LB puppy on Charlie (now one yr. old) when he was around 8 or 10 months. I absolutely love the food. Great stools, loves the taste and the shedding has greatly decreased. Not to mention his coat is BEAUTIFUL and super shiny on it. His skin has absolutely no problems at all. He smells very good even if I bathe him maybe 3 times a year (we live in south Texas).

I know it's an expensive food, but if you can afford it, go for it. The way I think about it is, if I eat well, i.e. salmon, tuna fillets, chicken breasts in my daily diet, why can't my best and loyal friend do so too?

Good luck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Are you still uising the lb puppy
or the adult now

KATHY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned

When you mentioned Solid Gold, if you are refering to Fromm's Solid Gold give them a call. E Mails don't work, but they are very helpful on the phone. Or check their Internet Site, perhaps you can find an outlet closer to home.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Count BrunoAre you still uising the lb puppy
or the adult now
He is on his last bag of LB puppy now but I just ordered two bags of the Orijen Fresh Fish flavor (for adults) I figure that he's done most of his growing so it's okay to feed adult...even a little pricier but the ingredients are fantastic. More omega which is never bad. Good luck and do let us know if you make a change and how it goes. You can PM me also if you need more details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page