OMG Thanks tried Nutro - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

OMG Thanks tried Nutro

THANSK SO MUCH for making realize he hated his food LOL PLUS it was bad for him.... YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST

Omg I was going to try the gold one or wellness cause I can get that one in a store here
but
went in and the nutro rep was there and another man( sold nutro in pet smart) who said that nutro is fed to rescue dogs and I as a screwball believed it lol

and they also said the food I was feeding is bad has a lot of by products....

I realized that Jack may be a canned food dog and as much as I hate it I would give some to get him to eat

HE ATE HE ATE
1 cup and 1/4 can of canned the whole thing and licked the bowl....
I am so happy and he seems happier

I know what I did was wrong not to bring it in a little at a time but oh well am tired of him eating so little...

It is a puppy chow that is controlled growth so he wont get so big so fast????? anyone know about this food?

So glad not to have to cook egg and melt cheese lol to get him to eat 1/2 cup
Hope he eats it tomorrow LOl

Again so much thanks for so much help

KATHY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Crowned Member

Re: OMG Thanks tried Nutro

Nutro is a good step up from the Iams, and I'm glad your dog likes it better. Did you get the Large breed puppy or just the puppy food?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I got the large breed puppy

I think the next step will be the wellness and the gold whatever that rest of it was LOl

Emoore what do you feed yours?

KATHY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Crowned Member

I feed mine Taste of the Wild Pacific stream because one of my dogs can't digest rice or corn and is allergic to chicken. I know, weird, right? Wellness and solid gold are both great foods, though.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned

Ok, a bit of a different opinion. My son's dog was sponsered by Nutro for 2005-2007. But when the kid called the Nutro Rep, after some concerns, the rep refused to answer any of my son's questions.

The food, at least my understanding, is the responsibility of a third party, and is not processed in the US. Infact, the third party processes tons of dog food, and I doubt knows the difference between Nutro and the other brands they process.

So the kid has a new sponsor, and the food is processed in the US.

This topic has come up before, and some have mentioned dog foods procssed in the US that are higher quality. Please recommend.

As for the kid's new sponsor, if anyone is interested please send a personal E Mail.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Crowned Member

My dog was on Nutro natural choice large breed puppy til she was 6 mos. as recommended by the breeder. She developed Panostietis at that time and I then put her on a raw diet. This was before the recalls on nutro and I still wonder if the nutro could have caused her to grow too fast. I think there is better kibble out there. When I do feed kibble it is Taste of the Wild pacific stream. Every time I go into a chain pet store there is a Nutro rep selling greenies or whatever, I tell them I feed RAW and then they leave me alone...

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

OMg it seems I am just doing so much wrong lol

anyway
he ate even more tonight another 1/2 cup

after this is gone maybe I should switch hima gain to solid gold

KATHY
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

onyx
was it from the food that she got that

KATHY
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Crowned Member

Not sure if it was diet or genetic related. Pano is a long bone growth disease. Similar to growing pains, it comes and goes while pups are growing. They do get over it by about 18 mos. Onyx is long legged and large for a female, but I still wonder if diet was the cause, too much calcium is one factor in getting Pano. I think there are better foods out there than Nutro. Onyx has ear infections every now and then as well, so I have her diet grain free.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

is there 2 much calcium in Nutro?
I better check the bag

I think that Jack is just a canned food junkie and as soon as I can maybe try solid gold
He at least is eating now and I am happy abpout that

I do not think he has a lot of calcium becasue his ear sucks lol

Thanks for your help

KATHY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page