Wellness Puppy Food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Wellness Puppy Food

Does anyone have any experience with the above puppy food? We tried Royal Canin but it seemed to cause very loose stools. A friend recommended Wellness and the ingredients list looks far more natural. Anyone's suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to EastGSD
Re: Wellness Puppy Food

I think the stools from regular Wellness would be worse. Barley is usually the culprit.

Cherri

owned by:

GSDs
Emma and her GerMercian kid
Tobe

And Doxies' Abby and Charlie my Service dude
and Stan and Castor the parrots
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned

Re: Wellness Puppy Food

i've never fed puppy food to my dogs. i do use Wellness kibble and cans. we also mix in cooked chicken and raw ground beef. how old is your pup? did you switch foods gradually? before Wellness we used Natural Balance kibble and cans. one day our Shep decided not to eat it. we switched to Wellness and he's been eating it ever since. our Grey Hound likes it also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 01:02 PM

We just switched our 3 month old gsd over from blue buffalo wilderness to wellness core puppy and she is doing great on it. the BB gave her loose stool off and on but none of that on Wellness. the only issue now is that she seems bored with it. she ate it great for about the first week and now she just seems bored with it. A lady at the dog park recommended Annamaet. thats wht she feeds her female gsd. might try that next?

Ziva Lieben Von Ricktorius- 6 JUL 13
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 12:14 AM

My puppy eats wellness core puppy. She is doing great on it. I tried a few other brands first that didn't seem to agree with her as much as the wellness does. Make sure you switch foods over slowly.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 11:48 PM

I have heard both good and bad. It's a pretty good dog food and definitely better than any store bought junk that you can buy. Have you tried feeding Acana?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 12:19 AM

I ended up switching my puppy from the core to Fromms grain free after seeing how much she had to be fed of the core. It was saying 5-6 cups. Seems like so much! I feed her 4 cups of the Fromms. She seems to be a good weight even though she wants to eat more. She is a piggy. Fromms made her stool way more firm too.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

5 dogs (2 GSD & 3 pugs), 1 cat, 2 parrots and a horse
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page