Wellness Anyone? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Wellness Anyone?

My puppy is 4 months old and I have her on Wellness puppy formula. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions? I am opened to suggestions and I thought that I did my research prior to the pup coming home? I just want to make certain that I am doing right by her. There are soooo many different foods out there it was somewhat overwhelming to choose.

Thanks,
Patrice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Wellness Anyone?

Wellness is a very good food. Every dog is different as to how they do on a food. But if the coat is good, eyes are bright, output is good (not too much, not alot, not mushy) then I'd say it was agreeing with your dog. I typically try to give 2 months for a food. My guys just got done finishing up Nature's Variety beef and rice. Going to have to go back to chicken/rice formula. They didn't do as good on the beef as they did the chicken. So just watch your pup. But as your pup is now 4 months, though, you might want to consider an adult formula. I personally never feed puppy food, even when I wean them. So take a look at the formula's for wellness adult. Core isn't an option yet until 12 months of age I believe.

Angela

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Wellness Anyone?

i noticed at the store today that wellness now has a large breed puppy food (joining the bandwagon). i actually thought it looked good. the calcium is gaurunteed as not more than 1.4%. the regular wellness puppy is lists calcium as not less than 1.3%, so i personally would feel better with the large breed puppy because im paranoid about higher calcium levels for our puppies. the regular puppy calcium level could be the same as the large breed puppy, but i dont like that they list iit as a minimum.

Derek

owned by:
Kimba (gsd) 5/9/07
Saby the mutt~1/15/01
Frisco (gsd) 6/21/02
Luka (feline)d.o.b.~2004
RIP-canines-Buddy, Roxy, Kujo, Kato, Pierre
felines-Chanel, Panther, TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page