?????? What the heck ???? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

?????? What the heck ????

CJ (11 weeks old) and Stella Mae (6 years old) eat each others food. We have seperated them, stood over them and even fed Stella outside and CJ inside but to no avail. They are both eating Neutro. Stella Mae eats a sensitive stomach product and CJ eats the large breed puppy. Neither one has had problems with digestion yet. So the main question is will the adult food make problems for CJ and will the puppy food make problems for Stella?

CJ'S Mom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Elite Member

Re: ?????? What the heck ????

The adult food shouldnt hurt CJ. Most members here dont even use puppy food for their pups, they feed an adult food. The puppy food with stella i would keep an eye on, so she doesnt eat to much of it, it will put extra weight on her.

Ailyn, Mommy to:

Mya - 3 year old GSD
Bear - 1 year old GSD
Abby - 3 year old ACD/shep mix
Teddy - 2 year old amer. pit bull

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Crowned Member

We never fed Rocky puppy food. Currently he is 90 lbs and his shoulder is 26" from the ground.

Danielle

Mom to:
Rocky - 3 year old Black GSD
3 Skin Kids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned

be carefull with the the Nutro foods. i've been hearing alot of bad things about them. i have a 10 month old boy. we got him at 9 weeks old and we never gave him puppy food. we used Natural Balance. we mixed it with ground beef or boneless and skinless chicken. he stopped eating it so we switched to Wellness dry and we mix in some Wellness can food. the first few days he gobbled it down. now he's backed off of it. i think he doesn't need as much to eat now. we were feedeing him a cup and a 1/2 in the AM and a cup and a 1/2 in the PM. he's 87.5 lbs. in your case the adult food for the puppy is probably ok. the puppy food for the adult i'm not sure. the puppy food for the adult might have to much protein in it. talk to your Vet. i'm sure you'll get an answer from this forum.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 01:32 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

My Bretta is now 4 and was never really on puppy food. A good balanced premium adult food seems to do fine for our pups.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Now I'm more confused than ever about the food I'm feeding them. I took the time to read the information about Nutro and many other brands and also called the vet who said Nutro was a good brand. I know that dogs can have different sensitivities to food just like people and that they have different likes and dislikes. Stella Mae is picky because we made her that way by giving her treats and leftovers. We are trying hard to not do that with CJ so I don't want to keep changing his food. He started on Diamond with the breeder but we can't get it near our house. Now he is on Nutro and there are questions about its quality. What do I do? He has not had major problems on the Nutro other than not wanting to eat it dry. I'm afraid that if I spice it up he will be just as picky as Stella Mae is.

CJ'S Mom
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Crowned Member

If he is doing well on a food and likes it I would leave him on it and add vitamins to his food. I am not familiar with Nutro so I can't comment on it. But it's easy to supplement.

Proud Owner to

Stella 5 year old GSD/Collie
Echo 4.5 year old GSD/Rottie
Cyrus 4 year old GSD
Quinn 2 year old Yellow head parrot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page