DogFoodAnalysis and SHOCKKK - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

DogFoodAnalysis and SHOCKKK

After reviewing dogfoodanalysis, I'm so devastated with royal canin. I always thought that it is a good food, and always heard it being good. But to this site, it definitely sucks, they give royal canin large breed puppy 2 STAR, I felt like a complete idiot. Even my trainer was always sayin that RC is very good food. This dog food stuff is totally another dimension)).If my income was better, I'd stick with Orijen or timberwolf products. What do you think of this site?.

Musa

My Kenzo 07/2007-11/2008 RIP My Baby Boy

Laila Pester-ella (the evil minpin) DOB:11/2007

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Crowned Member

Re: DogFoodAnalysis and SHOCKKK

I dont' like their rating of what my dog WAS eating. I just switched her to Canidae (on the 5 star list) becuase this is what my puppy breeder recommends and I've heard other good reviews of it here & elsewhere.

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Master Member

I think its one of those things you have to take with a grain of salt. I agree that the grain free/high meat content foods are often the best options, but I've also heard they can be too rich for some dogs and often give them the squirts.

A lot of people swear by RC, especially the GSD formula. If it works for you and you trust the company (as far as the recalls and everything go) then stick with it.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think RC is that much cheaper than the higher end food? Especially if you take the amount you feed into account.

Brenna: GSD Born 7/16/06
Mollie: Beagle
Fezzik: GSD/Husky/Golden?
Chewy: Shih tzu/Yorkie
Crunchy: Pug/Schnauzer?
Monty: GSD born 5/24/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to EastGSD

Quote:
Originally Posted By: VALIUMAfter reviewing dogfoodanalysis, I'm so devastated with royal canin. I always thought that it is a good food, and always heard it being good. But to this site, it definitely sucks, they give royal canin large breed puppy 2 STAR, I felt like a complete idiot. Even my trainer was always sayin that RC is very good food. This dog food stuff is totally another dimension)).If my income was better, I'd stick with Orijen or timberwolf products. What do you think of this site?.
Why are you letting a website dictate how you feel about a product you use? I personally do not care for that site as their "reviews" are subjective and based on many myths and propaganda. If your dog has been doing well on the food be happy and continue to use it. Do not let some webmaster's personal opinion change the actual results you have gotten.

JMO
Cherri

owned by:

GSDs
Emma and her GerMercian kid
Tobe

And Doxies' Abby and Charlie my Service dude
and Stan and Castor the parrots
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Crowned Member

I do my best educated guess on what dog food will be best for my dog(s), then I do a trail feeding and see how things go. The dog food that rates best for me is the one that my dogs do best on, I don't care what bit about what websites say.

My first GSD was fed Mainstay kibble with a bag of meaty meal once in a while, he lives to be 13 1/2 years old with no digestive problems, no allergy problems, and minimal mobility problmes for a senior of that age.

So if the food was that bad, how in the world did my GSD live that long with no problems?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:54 AM

We used RC and Budy was good on it, but I read that Canidae is better and just recently switched to Canidae to try it. Now I am reading that CAnidae has some problems, so I don't know what to feed now...thinking about going back to RC....Canidae was a bit cheaper too.

Linda
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:56 AM

You know, maybe don't pay so much attention to that. I like RC and never had any problems with it. Look at Canidae, 5 stars and they have some food problems now.

Linda
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

You are right linda, I got the message..Thanks all

Musa

My Kenzo 07/2007-11/2008 RIP My Baby Boy

Laila Pester-ella (the evil minpin) DOB:11/2007

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:23 AM
Crowned Member

whole dog journal puts out an annual evaluation of new dog foods & always has an explanation of what to look for in a dog food, how to analyze it yourself.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

The only way to choose the right dog food for your dog is to go with what the dog does well on. Some foods have better ingredients (and I do agree Canidae's ingredients are better than Royal Canin's), but in the end it comes down to what food works best for the dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: caligirl07 Look at Canidae, 5 stars and they have some food problems now.
What problems in Canidae having?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page