German Shepherds Forum banner

Victor dog food

8K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Champ234 
#1 ·
Hey guys i know victor recently changed there food ingredients i wonder if its still a good brand too feed
i need my puppy to be on something better then beniful puppy food and i herd great things about victor what is everyones thoughts

#6 ·
I gave Macey high performance when I got her at 10 months . She just turned 2 and I'm transitioning her to the yellow bag ...can't remember what its called...still victor but it's got slightly more grain in it and about $10 less per bag. Victor food is great...she was pretty thin when I got her and has put on 13 lbs in a little over a year ....vet says she is perfect weight and proportion. Never had any problems with Victor but she never seemed to really love it.....she is also not very food driven, but she does seem to like the yellow bag food more.

#9 ·
thank u guys yea its super hard to keep luna looking full she looks pretty thin someone told me because her being so high energy that feeding her not the best food wont keep weight on her and i need to get better food that will get her filled out more
i will be trying victor hi
pro

#11 ·
Because grain free foods are believed to be linked to heart issues in some dogs...there's at least one BIG thread here... which is about that...do a search for.... grain free dog food and heart problems OR does my dog need taurine...I think you'll find your answers....

#16 ·
They did make changes to most all the ingredients. Its still a better food than most out there. Some people didnt like the change and switched, some people dont mind and have dogs doing well on it. I dont really see any need for grain free so If I were still feeding it Id probably feed the professional, high pro, high energy, or performance forumula.

#17 ·
Red consumes Victor Hero Canine (has a GSD on the Green Package), and he has done well on it. Our equation is a simple one: Many knowledgeable folks recommend it, and the dog likes it. If an when evidence comes out, that it may not have good ingredients, then we will consider an alternative; But it has to be proven and solid evidence, not hearsay. Until then, we are very happy with the price point, and the fact that Red is a thriving dog, with firm daily body waste and a healthy looking coat.

Attachments

#19 ·
I know this is an old thread but I’m considering putting my 11 month old Czech line German shepherd on victor food. I see nutra pro and hi pro are the most popular. Which would you guys recommend and from the time this thread was posted do you still use, and are satisfied with the food?

#20 ·
I feed Victor to my three. They do very well on it. I usually buy High Energy, Professional or Performance and have no complaints. My oldest girl was at the vet last week for PennHIP x-rays, an exam and shots. The vet remarked that she is in remarkable physical condition and her hip x-rays looked outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.