Failure to thrive - Page 21 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Master Member

Wow, hang in there!
That sounds utterly miserable!

I think sleeping with you is nice, it might actually help her to heal faster if she gets deeper rest. :-)
I don't think it's a biggie in the long run.
cvamoca likes this.

Rumo ~ rescue shepherd/husky mix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDchoice View Post
Wow, hang in there!
That sounds utterly miserable!

I think sleeping with you is nice, it might actually help her to heal faster if she gets deeper rest. :-)
I don't think it's a biggie in the long run.
I agree, her physical and mental needs right now (and yours,too) are paramount, and whatever it takes, it takes. Eventually I'm sure you will be able to wean her off when she feels better and more settled back at home. Tell DH it's all part of being a doggie dad-- he likely already knows all that, LOL.
Sunsilver likes this.
post #203 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 01:28 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabis mom View Post
I have always had a pothos in my house. They are mildly toxic. I let the dogs chew on it on purpose. It causes numbness and mild swelling of tongue. It also tastes awful. Not a single pup has ever chewed it more then once, and they never touch other plants afterwards. Call it tough love.
You did nothing wrong and I am happy to hear your baby is doing better.
You're mean...in a good way LOL! Nothing like letting a dog decide for themselves to really learn something!
Sabis mom and cvamoca like this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned

No update to report. She’s still clingy, whiny, and has zero energy. It’s excepted though, the vet did walk me through what she would be like for the first one-two weeks. Still won’t lap slurry, so still tube feeding. She’s still sleeping in my bed with me, but shhhh, don’t tell DH! Lol
huntergreen and cvamoca like this.
post #205 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Elite Member

@Jchrest how is Serian doing? Has she been able to have her feeding tube removed?

Ziva 03.07.2013
post #206 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbrz View Post
@Jchrest how is Serian doing? Has she been able to have her feeding tube removed?
Tube was removed this morning. She’s still weak, can’t have her around the other dogs, but she’s so happy to be home and eating again. She attacked the slurry like she’d never be tasting food again. Two feeding tubes by 6 months, I just feel horrible. She’s taking it much better than I am! DH busted her in my bed. He just shook his head and tried to hide the smile, but I caught him. Lol. She still has one more week of meds, one of which makes her drowsy, so maybe she will perk up when meds are done. Still have our appt with the GI, and were able to get in with the cardiologist in the same practice. Vet says her heart sounds perfect, but I won’t rest easy until I get her double checked. I have a few pics of her cuddled up with me in bed, but the walls are black, comforter is black, and she is black, so it looks like I have half a beard, you can’t see her at all! Lol
Springbrz likes this.
post #207 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 12:02 AM

That's great to hear

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #208 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 12:06 AM
Elite Member

Thank you for the update. Serian will perk up. She is a tough little nugget. Fighter for sure. I think she's earned the privilege of sleeping in the bed. I think it might be doing you some good having her there too.

Ziva 03.07.2013
post #209 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Having furniture moved around, and Floki got in with Seiran. She wasn’t too happy about it. He went straight for DH and stole her spot. But she’s on the mend! Didn’t want to play with Floki at all, but I get it, she has very low energy still. Just thought I’d share a pic!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8A637112-4E31-43CD-B527-6AC35EE1DCDA_1571015505196.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	526269  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page