Well that didn’t work out... - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Well that didn’t work out...

We order Fromm from petflow. Both the large breed puppy, and the large breed adult. Apparently petflow has some issue with our auto ship, and we ran out of puppy food. So I bought a small bag of proplan large breed puppy, as this is what we had available to us. We don’t do taste of the wild, it causes a ton of issues with Lyka. So we elect to keep it out of the house all together just in case Seiran leaves some in the bowl, and Lyka gets to it.

So two auto ship orders came in yesterday, so we should be good on Fromm puppy for at least the next few months 😂. Anyway, Seiran had no reaction to the switch to proplan, and since she’s been given Fromm since day one, I figured it wouldn’t be a big deal to just give her the Fromm. I mean, it’s was only 3 days.

Now she is shooting water out her behind. Woke me up 5 times last night with an urgent need to go. She’s had multiple accidents inside as well, which normally doesn’t happen, she alerts when she needs to go.

So valuable lesson, 3 days does matter. A lot. We went back to the proplan with small amounts of the Fromm. Hopefully she will let me get some sleep tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Just had to share an adorable pic. She has a blue colored pencil in her mouth. She carries the thing everywhere, but never chews on it, the little weirdo. Anyway, after a swim in the pool, this is her at full concentration on a cat walking across the road from us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7AD07A37-29CC-45C2-9B3B-1D5AAC1BE293_1562464040788.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	522959  
Clare, CAKSJ78, bnormal and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:12 PM

She's such a beautiful girl!That pencil would make me nervous

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

In the pic it looks like it’s inside her mouth, but it’s not. It’s sticking out the side. Neither end is sharpened.

Is it something I should take away? It’s literally the first thing she goes for as soon as she is let out of her crate in the morning. She puts it down to eat, and in exchange for toys, but always has to have it next to her. And oddly, it’s just that one specific colored pencil, she couldn’t care less about any others.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 09:48 AM
Crowned Member

Any chance the food switch and the "episode" are a coincidence and the cause is something else?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Any chance the food switch and the "episode" are a coincidence and the cause is something else?
She went back to solid stools after we went back to the proplan, so I’m pretty sure that was the issue. Wouldn’t bet my life on it, but maybe the neighbors life 😂.

She’s still acting her normal self, full of energy, and not showing any signs of illness. I put a call into the vet, and they didn’t seem concerned (after her broken jaw, I’m a wreck when something happens, so I’m sure my vet is annoyed by me already), just said to watch for bloody stools, lack of appetite, and any change in behavior. If any of that occurs, to call for an appointment then.

My older dogs haven’t had any issues at all, stools still firm, but they didn’t run out of Fromm, so no food changes for them.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Crowned Member

I wasn't leaning toward anything too serious, more along the lines of her finding or being given human food she's not accustomed to. Years ago I found my neighbor giving one of mine pieces of hot dog.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

There is a probability my demon children snuck some of their dinner to her under the table. I’ve already told DH that we need to crate her dinner time because she will sit and beg, and I can’t stand that!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 11:43 PM
Crowned Member

Oh yes just a few days can cause problems.... been there. So yeah be careful switching food.. Ironically when I fed supermarket dog food - whatever was on sale (OK this was some, well, uh, fifty years ago), I had no problems.

On the pencil. No destruction, no writing on the walls? Shouldn't be a problem. She does look like she's studying that cat before she starts her drawing...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
Oh yes just a few days can cause problems.... been there. So yeah be careful switching food.. Ironically when I fed supermarket dog food - whatever was on sale (OK this was some, well, uh, fifty years ago), I had no problems.

On the pencil. No destruction, no writing on the walls? Shouldn't be a problem. She does look like she's studying that cat before she starts her drawing...
I should have setup an easel and canvas! Lmao. Maybe I can photoshop it in 😉

No coloring on walls yet. Just prancing around like she just found a million bully sticks instead of just a colored pencil. My 9yr old daughter still carries around her blanket she has had since birth, and everyone calls it her blankie, so we’ve taken to calling the pencil Seiran’s blankie. Hopefully she will grow out of it before she hits the 9yr mark! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page