Fromm’s might be causing some issues? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 05:29 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmags View Post
Id switch off of Fromm. Theres really no reason to feed it when there are better foods out there for the same price or cheaper. Fromm also showed that they dont know how to properly formulate their products when this whole DCM thing broke out and their band aid fixes with lack of veterinary nutritionists formulating their foods became clear.
Do you have a link to that? This is the first I heard about it. They were very helpful to me when my dog first got sick and I contacted them about diet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:33 PM

I raised my one GSD pup on Fromm about 3 years ago and she did great. My GSD pup from last year could not tolerate it. It all depends on the pup.
huntergreen likes this.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 10:50 AM

The only problem I see with people saying a food is good or is bad is that you need to back up a claim with legitimate evidence. Saying the ingredients look good and its family owned and blah blah doesnt make it a good food. I dont know if Fromm has any research or trials on their food and they dont employ a veterinary nutritionist on staff full time. Its just like honest kitchen, we get caught up in the marketing of hearing "human grade" and then think its a great food. How does anyone know its actually a properly formulated food for K9s? I would practice caution with those types of foods and place a little more value on proven science not just peoples recs because they liked the company. At least with companies like Purina and Royal Canin, you know they have been around a long time, they do research on their foods, they conduct feeding trials, and dont have dogs dying from heart failure, unlike many of these brands with grain free foods or improper formulations. Will I feed Purina, probably not, but if I had to make a choice, Id gladly feed it over Fromm. I personally feed a mix of Victor and RC/Euk sport and rotate for variety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvShepherds View Post
Do you have a link to that? This is the first I heard about it. They were very helpful to me when my dog first got sick and I contacted them about diet.
Even the DCM researchers at UC Davis admit the DCM scare is based on corelation and hypothesis. They don't know what's causing it yet. Or why Golden Retrievers are so over represented. There are a lot of variables under consideration.
Jax08 likes this.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Crowned Member

Neither company - fromm and victor have veterinary nutrionists on staff. Victor does have a certified nutritionist on staff with a master in science. Fromm has a non certified nutritionist who is currently working on getting certified/masters in science. It does go by what your dog does best on to. I have had no issues with any of the foods. Max and Luna’s coats looked best on fromm grainfree game bird / just extra soft and super shiny they were always heavy shedder but now it’s seems to be constant- whether that makes sense or not. Of course with all the issues with grainfree I will not feed unless I had to.
Jax08 and huntergreen like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 03-01-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page