pup super picky with food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Question pup super picky with food

10 1/2 month old GSD is being extremely picky and driving me crazy. She has been like this from the time she was 7 weeks old. There were times she ate all her food and then she'd go thru periods of not eating well than back to eating. She weighs 65 pounds. She looks good - good muscle tone, nice weight. She WILL eat treats! If I put a scrambled egg in her kibble she will gobble that up and spit out the kibble. Same with cooked chicken. She's been on different kibbles - good quality. Last one was Fromm. If I put a TBL of wet food on it she will also eat around the kibble.

I had it yesterday and just put her food out for 30 min, she ate the egg, ate some kibble and left the rest. I took it away. Fed her dinner and I guess she was hungry because she ate it all. This morning, same scenario, wouldn't touch the kibble. I'm feeding her 1 measured Cup twice a day. Normal poop, normal amount but I really don't know where she's getting it from .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 12:50 PM

If her poop is fine then I would set out her food and add NOTHING to it and either take it away after 30 minutes or as I would just leave it sit there and about 2-3 days she will be back to eating just kibble.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 03:48 AM

i have the same issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 01:14 PM

She's getting used to eating the meals you cook for her, as well as the treats. If you want her to eat the dry food then I think you should stop giving treats etc to her, at least until she accepts the dry food again. I know it is hard but it works. She won't starve herself. Good luck.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 02:53 PM

My voat is for Acana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page