5 month old pup diarreha - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Hello, i have an 5 month old pupppy, he has been having diarreha on and off for about 2 weeks now, when i first brought it up to the vet they did a fecal exam and it came out negative, she reccomended me to feed him boiled chicken and rice, he got better and started him on his kibble again which at the time was Royal cannin Gsd puppy kind, the diarreha came back so i took him to the vet, and she told since he was doing good with chicken&rice, i should start him on a Limited ingredient diet of chicken&rice kible she recommened a couple of different brands but decides to go with California Natural chicken and rice kibble. His diarreha gets so bad that its straight up poop water coming out, sometimes its like a slushy. I plan on taking him back to the vet this week if he doesnt get better, but before i do i wanted to get some opinions. Ive read that that cutting off the food for 24hrs helps get rid of it, i will probably try this tomorrow..what do yall think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 08:02 AM
Crowned Member

I would take him to the vet now, don't wait. Sounds like it has been going on too long already, he may need fluid or meds
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 12:38 AM

My puppy is 4 months old now and she had diarrhea when I brought her home a little over two months ago. I thought it was the food I was giving her which is also Royal Canin since I switch her over from what the breeder gave her, but the diarrhea kept on happening. I think I started doing research at that point and I somehow came across Probiotic Miracle from Amazon. I?ve given her this probiotic in her food ever since. Maybe it?s just coincidence but her diarrhea went away. Every once in a while she will have soft to almost running stool but it?s usually once in the morning and back to normal afterwards.

So if the vet can?t find anything wrong then it may be the food or you can try the probiotic to see if that helps.

Also, my puppy will eat anything from rocks to anything that moves. Because of this I have to keep an eye on here when she goes outside. Make sure your puppy isn?t eating any bugs.

First time GSD Owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page