PLEASE help! If not feeding LBP food, what are the ratios I need? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Steve Strom
  • 1 Post By Steve Strom
  • 1 Post By Stevenzachsmom

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

PLEASE help! If not feeding LBP food, what are the ratios I need?

Oh my gosh, I must have spent HOURS trying to figure this out, any help is appreciated! I've narrowed down to a few brands based on my research and recommendation from my vet. The brands I'm looking at don't have a LBP mix and I'm worried about feeding him the wrong formula. I only see people mention the brands, not the specific blend/formula so I need some guidance.

Looking at Acana, Annamet, and Wellness brands. I'd prefer grain free and since my puppy is currently on a chicken blend kibble should I start with that when I first make the switch? Can I feed my 10 week old puppy an adult blend? If so, what amounts of calcium are okay as to prevent any issues down the road? I was trying to read this but it was very confusing...

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-...ed-puppy-food/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Crowned Member

I'd relax, pick one of the premium foods, all life stages is my preference, and see how your puppy does on it. Everything is studied and studied and in the end, it all comes down to faith in the manufacturer and whether or not each individual dog does well on it. Orijin is considered the Rolls Royce of kibble, I've never had a dog that could keep it in. People don't trust Taste of the Wild because its made by Diamond. I've never had an issue.
Stevenzachsmom and VTBunny like this.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
I'd relax, pick one of the premium foods, all life stages is my preference, and see how your puppy does on it. Everything is studied and studied and in the end, it all comes down to faith in the manufacturer and whether or not each individual dog does well on it. Orijin is considered the Rolls Royce of kibble, I've never had a dog that could keep it in. People don't trust Taste of the Wild because its made by Diamond. I've never had an issue.
Thank you! I know I am probably over researching lol. Thank you so much - I did see that about Orijen one of the reasons it wasn't in my list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Crowned Member

I look at kibble as kibble. There's premium and different lower qualities, but they all have something from a lab or study they can point to and all of them are trying to mimic a real food, or raw diet. Hopefully you never have a diet related health issue, that's when you're really going to pull your hair out.
VTBunny likes this.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
I agree 100 percent. My dogs could not tolerate Orijen. It was too rich for them. I have been feeding Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream, to multiple dogs, for YEARS. Never had a problem.
VTBunny likes this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page