Food recommendations for picky 12 week old?? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Food recommendations for picky 12 week old??

She seems to hate dry food but we would eventually like to have her on only dry food. We've tried the Canidae puppy grain-free formula, which she completely avoided. Then we tried switching to Blue (puppy), same thing. She still eats it but refuses to eat it just by itself if it's not mixed with wet food. Are there any brands that have worked for your dogs, particularly any with picky eaters?

(Also, before you ask, we do switch her food gradually, but I'd like to avoid having to do that a hundred times lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Elite Member

Maybe find a kibble coated in chicken fat, soak it in warm water for 10 mins and watch your puppy eat.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Crowned Member

Or wait her out. Take her to the vet when she refuses to eat after you offer her three meals. Offer her her meal, give her ten minutes and remove everything after wards. Do not pay attention to her; put the food down (if she shows up) and walk away.
Next mealtime same amount. I do rotate a few brands for variety (she gets kibble in the AM and raw at PM) but refusal means no food in this house.
Check for loose teeth as that can make it harder to eat kibble. You can soak it in warm water but when she refuses it is hard to save it IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 08:09 AM

I feed my pup Orijen large breed, which she eats okay. However, I have also fed her Nature's Variety Instinct raw boost which she absolutely loves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page