Blue Wilderness LBP Food - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kr16

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Question Blue Wilderness LBP Food

Hi there!

I've read a bunch of posts from years ago in regards to Blue Buffalo and Blue Wilderness puppy food.. Mostly negative because of some recalls. But I heard they've since released new formulas and it should be better.

When I first got Moose at about 10 weeks, he was about 15lbs, looked a little underweight. I started him on Blue Wilderness regular puppy food because I couldn't find the large breed one. He was perfect, ate like crazy, regular stools, shiny coat started growing, he grew about 20lbs in 8 weeks! Hugh growth spurt.

When he finally finished that huge bag, I bought the large breed puppy version instead, as per my vet's suggestions. He's about 18 weeks now, but he started having loose stools about two weeks ago (I can't even remember if it started right when he started the food or not, might have been before the switch), sometimes it would be a complete diarrhea, sometimes its just extra extra soft and wet. Haven't at regular hard stools like before in a while.. He went on diarrhea meds and got dewormed again, but no changes.

Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and get a blood panel for him to rule out other stuff? Or should I switch to some other food?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 06:33 PM
Crowned Member

I think it may be that if the switch to the new food was sudden and then the deworming, that is tummy is all messed up.
Instead of switching to a new food, I think maybe to go back to the old and also to add a prebiotic. Then after he feels better to slowly swith over to the large breed puppy version.

The post in this older thread also has some suggestions:

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...ml#post8561698

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylscarlett View Post
Hi there!

I've read a bunch of posts from years ago in regards to Blue Buffalo and Blue Wilderness puppy food.. Mostly negative because of some recalls. But I heard they've since released new formulas and it should be better.

When I first got Moose at about 10 weeks, he was about 15lbs, looked a little underweight. I started him on Blue Wilderness regular puppy food because I couldn't find the large breed one. He was perfect, ate like crazy, regular stools, shiny coat started growing, he grew about 20lbs in 8 weeks! Hugh growth spurt.

When he finally finished that huge bag, I bought the large breed puppy version instead, as per my vet's suggestions. He's about 18 weeks now, but he started having loose stools about two weeks ago (I can't even remember if it started right when he started the food or not, might have been before the switch), sometimes it would be a complete diarrhea, sometimes its just extra extra soft and wet. Haven't at regular hard stools like before in a while.. He went on diarrhea meds and got dewormed again, but no changes.

Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and get a blood panel for him to rule out other stuff? Or should I switch to some other food?

IMO one of the most unethical companies on the planet, switch foods

This website reviews foods and what I like about it reviews companies as well

Best Dog Food of 2017 | Expert Ratings | Reviews.com
GypsyGhost likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page