What do u people feed ur growing puppies ? :) :( Moved from Gen Info - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

What do u people feed ur growing puppies ? :) :( Moved from Gen Info

Hello my boy is 4.5 months old im currently feeding him royal canin....thinking of shifting over to pedigree.....but im not too sure that its a good food.....i want him to be huge when he grows up .... anyway what do u people feed ur dogs ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Crowned Member

Pedigree is a low quality kibble, I do not recommend feeding it.

I have had my puppies on Solid Gold Wolf Cub, Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy and Wellness Large Breed Puppy, I had good results with all of them. I am going to try Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Puppy in the next couple of days too.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:12 PM

I have an 8 month old GSD and I've been feeding him blue buffalo and he is already at 100 lbs

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Crowned Member

Raw. All my dogs eat raw. Puppies I whelp are weaned to raw, others are switched when they come here.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:22 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Hi Varun,

It would help us all if you could go into your profile and add a location to it. It will show up under your avatar, and will help people make recommendations specific to your situation. I know that in India you are limited in which dog foods are available.

Between Pedigree and Royal Canin, Royal Canin is the better one, so I suggest you keep on that one. If you really want to improve your pup's diet, you can look into feeding a raw diet, as Laurie mentioned. There is a lot of resources on the web about raw feeding, and you can go the BARF/RAW form here on the board and read up on information and post any questions you may have.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:33 PM

Right now we are trying Dr Tims Grain Free Kinesis for out 4.5 month old

Adam & Natalie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ripley - 6/11/13
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 03:47 PM

I have been using Purina Pro Plan Focus Large Breed Puppy formula with excellant results. Vet is very happy with Emmas growth and weight and was very impresed with her coat condition. I will soon be switching over to thier adult food as Emma does not need to puppy now that she is 11 months per the vet.

I also free feed, but need to now watch Emmas weight due to her HD. She is just under 80 lbs so we want to stay there.

Hope this helps
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 05:07 PM

Chicken soup for the puppy lovers soul - large breed puppy. I refuse to use anything else.

Sent from Petguide.com App
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 05:14 PM

Diamond Naturals lamb and rice, change it up to beef and rice occasionally and supplement with scrap meat when I cook, that's more of a once or twice a week treat though I guess.

Edit: missed the puppy part, but they make a puppy food, and its all high quality.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 05:23 PM

Mwelsh03

I started Emma off on the Chicken Soup you recommend, Its is very good product. However it gave Emma very bad diarrhea, that would not stop until I switched off of it. After trying several products we settled on the Purina Pro LB Puppy which she seemed to like and did well with. But Emma is a bit strange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page