when to change my puppy to adult food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Smile when to change my puppy to adult food

i have a 5 month old puppy and ive been told that at 6 months i could change his puppy food for adult food but my concern is that hes still growing and adult food doesnt help out with the growth unlike puppy food does.also when do they stop growing i belive my dog will be a giant or xl because hes already 60+ pounds.also ive been told that food brand diamond is really good food because its natural but ive never heard of it anyone can help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Crowned Member

I agree with you. Your pup is still growing and I would keep him on puppy chow until he is a year to year and half old. As for food, I don't know about diamond food. For a large breed pup, I would feed Solid Gold Wolfcub.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 11:02 PM

diamond is crap. No offense. If you have a tractor supply close by, try the 4 health food they sell. Its great. OR..... go raw.

- 'Merica.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Banned

i've never fed puppy food to my dogs.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 08:32 AM

I had to switch Jake from Puppy to Adult Food when he was 6 or 7 months old as he was having regular bouts of panesititis. I was told that the extra protein in Puppy Food was making it worse. At 3 he is 103 lbs so I think he grew up alright!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 10:08 AM

All food has nutrition and will provide enough for him to grow as long as you go with quality. A good quality food is more important than puppy or adult. Many people never feed puppy. All these different types that come out are really just for advertising. Yes there are differences between each food but one brands puppy might be the same as another brands adult. It is all just labeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page