Is my GSD allergic to krill oil ? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Is my GSD allergic to krill oil ?

I am trying to introduce krill oil to my dog but every time I dot it I see some negative reaction, it start with loss stools then diarrhea after the first days of consuming krill, then the second day she vomits. If I stop giving her the krill I can get her back on track with her stools by giving her fiber and a blend diet for 1 or 2 days .. I know she has a very!!!! Sensitive stomach so I am very careful with any dosage I give her.

if she is then what else can i use ? i am afraid that salmon oil will do the same ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Crowned Member

Hi there!
Yes, it is possible!
Krill for a pup should be not be given every day AND the dose should be small. If you are following that for Sammi and she still has loose stool, I would stop the Krill.
Moms
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi
Momto2GSDs

I am here asking questions again... Sammi is full of energy but omg i am going crazy with her stools and itchy skin , i think that krill and chicken is out from the menu , i just got a bad of acana salmon .. do you think that i can Substitute Salmon for Krill ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Crowned Member

I think you said that you vet had just changed her diet. So is she on the Acana or the vet's suggestion? Does your Acana have chicken in it?
I wouldn't give her anything extra right now until you find out what her issue is. Could be food, could be from vaccinations.
It has been my experience over the years in helping other dogs, to put her on a Beef and Zucchini or a Turkey and Zucchini elimination diet with (Canned Pumpkin added if needed) for several weeks to try and get the itching and loose stool under control. THEN you would start adding other ingredients slowly. Right now, you don't know exactly WHAT is causing it. You can pm me if you'd like the recipe and instructions.
My best to you!
Moms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page