Nupro for my 12 week old - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Question Nupro for my 12 week old

I have been doing lots of research on supplements that include both probiotics and joint support formulas. I found that I like what I have read about Nupro Silver based on both reviews that I have read and a fellow dog owner that says she started her Springer Spaniel on the supplement when she was a pup and swears by it. That Springer Spaniel was one of the best looking/healthiest looking and active dogs I have ever seen, and thats when I asked if she used any supplements.

My question is, has anyone ever used Nupro Silver with a GSD pup and if so how much should I use, only in one meal a day, or both, and how much? I have not been able to find much info on Nupro's use in puppies, so any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Crowned Member

I give my Sting NuPro silver but he is an adult. The directions have the dosage by weight and do not say anything about age. I did check their website and it says that it is safe for puppies. Here is the link Nupro So if you were to give it, go by the weight of your pup. Also to get his system used to it and avoid runny stools, I would give the regular dose and not double it until he is taking that well, then if needed, give more. So, I guess my answer is, I would give it but at the regular dose for his weight and see how does. I did find comments on giving it to gsd puppies in this thread Nupro Silver for a puppy? - GermanShepherdHome.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Im just so afraid of doing the wrong thing...I grew up with GSD police dogs but never raised one from a pup, so its a bit of a learning process for sure. I also saw that other thread in trying to find info. I ordered a 5 pound can of Nupro Silver so hopefully it does what it should without doing anything it shouldnt ;-)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 AM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

I use the Nupro Silver on my pups cause I already use it on my older dog(s).

I only give like 1/2 of scoop though, and my older dogs get a full scoop. But that is NOT Scientific or anything. Just what I do and my dogs do well on it.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page