Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain

Hello, my name is Jolee, my puppy arrives either tomorrow or Thursday and I purchased Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero grain dog food for him. On the back of the bag it says to feed puppies as much as they want 3x/day, the food got great reviews from dog food critics but I was wondering if anyone could tell me their personal experience. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Crowned Member

Never used it myself, but buffet feeding 3 times a day sounds a bit strange as a guideline. It does well on dog food advisor, 4 stars.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 09:28 PM

No experience with it but I'm not at all impressed with the ingredients.

APRIL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NIKO-9-12-02
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12-17-13

GUNNER-11-07-13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 PM

No experience with this brand in particular, but feeding as much as they want 3x a day seems weird. Some puppies will eat till they pop! Just sayin'. Good luck with the puppy.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamhajny View Post
Hello, my name is Jolee, my puppy arrives either tomorrow or Thursday and I purchased Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero grain dog food for him. On the back of the bag it says to feed puppies as much as they want 3x/day, the food got great reviews from dog food critics but I was wondering if anyone could tell me their personal experience. Thank you
Hi Jam and WELCOME!
Congratulations on becoming a German Shepherd owner! Do you plan any particular type of training for your dog?
Curious as to why you chose Rachel Ray's food. I can't say that I've heard of anyone actually using it! IMHO, it is not known for a quality food, and I agree with the others that the recommended feeding is not a good guideline for any breed of dog!
I believe a good choice would have been, Acana, Fromm's, or a Dehydrated food called The Honest Kitchen. Many people on this blog have had great success with these foods and others. You may want to exchange your Nutrish for something that people here are familiar with so that they can help you.
Good luck with your puppy and make sure you post pictures of your little Fur Baby when you get him!
Moms

Last edited by Momto2GSDs; 09-03-2013 at 10:58 PM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. I have a lot of backup plans food wise but with a 4 star rating from Dog Food Adviser and at only $22 for a 14 lb bag I figured it was worth trying. As far as training goes my primary focus at this point is going to be basic obedience through positive reinforcement and redirection. I will work my way up the obedience ladder and pursue a cgc and hopefully take him to Ronald McDonald's Children's Hospital to visit the patients. This will be my first puppy since I was very young, I've always had older rescues because I felt that most old shelter dogs stay old shelter dogs and never get a chance for a loving family. But I wanted a puppy this time because I've always dreamed of it and I just got a new house with a great yard, there's a huge park with hiking just down the street, and my daughter is now at a good age that she would be gentle with a puppy instead of squeeze his head off lol. I chose a German Shepherd because I'm a huge fan, I respect and admire the breed so much for their part in our military and police forces, they are beautiful, intelligent, loyal guardians, and I think I'm up to the task of taking an adorable puppy and teaching him do be a great dog. Thank you all so much for your input, I think I'm going to enjoy being a member of this group very much
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

And I will add that I definitely don't plan on letting my baby eat all he wants, how much would you recommend? I was planning on 1/2c 3x per day to ensure easy digestion.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 02:16 PM

I was laffing when I read your post cuz just an hour ago I saw someone in the Super Market with Nutrish in her cart. LOL. I thought the same as you "who actually uses that". Now we no. I am weaning Sergeant off BB with Fromm's. Thanks for advice....
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Here he is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bane1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	108146  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamhajny View Post
Here he is!
Congratulations new GSD Mommy!
Good luck sleeping tonite!!!! LOL!!!!!
Moms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page