Help!!! GSD Puppy... Breeder not helping me... pup not eating much - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Help!!! GSD Puppy... Breeder not helping me... pup not eating much

hello,
my pup is 50 days old.
i brought from a breeder .... he is now not picking up my call, i also don't know his address... (he delivered pup to my house)
now , the prob is ... my pup max is not eating much ... just eating about 5 to 6 oz food ... he is also not eating puppy food ... eating adult food 3 times a day.
and a banana and an egg.
the breeder told me he done 1 vacation and i don't know the date for next vacation
please guys help me and my poor gsd pup max

he is skinny i guess ... see the photo ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0330.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	100338  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 PM

Take him to a vet. His first vacc would have been (in normal cases) at 6 weeks old. If he's not eating right he may not be feeling good. Perhaps try switching his food, slowly, to a puppy food. Otherwise try soaking the food for a bit before giving it to him, to soften it up... If you do it with warm water it might make it smell a bit more so he's more interested. But get him to a vet, he needs a check up for weight, worms, vaccinations and general health too. good luck, he's very cute!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Help me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum

Manprince Be My Star "River"
Rogue dog! The best pound puppy! GSD x Husky
Gipfel Crystal Diamond "Summer" forever a puppy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 11:16 PM

Yeah if you can't get a hold of the breeder I'd take him to the vet. Don't give up on the breeder though...you need to at least know when he was vaccinated. Feeding puppies is by no means an exact science. Our GSD never ate puppy food, although we did have a prolonged guess and check experiment with several high quality adult foods before settling on "the one". Also, never had any success with wetting his kibble. It tended to leave him bloated and gassy (he even regurgitated a couple of times). That is not to say that any of this is "bad" per se...it's just different for every dog and it's all about finding what works for you and your pup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Take him to a vet. His first vacc would have been (in normal cases) at 6 weeks old. If he's not eating right he may not be feeling good. Perhaps try switching his food, slowly, to a puppy food. Otherwise try soaking the food for a bit before giving it to him, to soften it up... If you do it with warm water it might make it smell a bit more so he's more interested. But get him to a vet, he needs a check up for weight, worms, vaccinations and general health too. good luck, he's very cute!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
thanks ... i'll go to vet today...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page