How many of use tried Taste Of The Wild Pacific Stream or Orijen 6 fish? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

How many of use tried Taste Of The Wild Pacific Stream or Orijen 6 fish?

Hello,
We are looking to Switch Zeus off his Fromm LBP food in 1-2 month. Fromm has been great, but we are seeing a few skin problems which could be anything including flea allergy. One thing that I want to try is get far away from chicken. I was told to stay away and it's just 1 thing to try. One of Z's play buddies a doberman was just switched to no chicken/no lamb and had similar allergy symptoms disappear. I know many people love Orijen, but not sure if any other foods compare that are a bit cheaper? I looked at Fromm fish, but they add chicken cartilage and fat =(

Any other foods out there to try similar to these?

Ruby {SG1, VP1, VP3 USCA Sieger Show, Kati Von den Oher Tannen} - Red/Black 11-15-2013
Zeus {Ymka Von den Oher Tannen, CGC} - Red/Black 01-07-2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Ava itched started itching like crazy at around 6 months, as per breeder's suggestion we switched to TOTW Pacific Stream. The results were amazing, within 3 days no more itchy dog.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Crowned Member

Jonas loves TOTW roasted quail he started on pacific stream but liked the other a lot better. No itchies, and beautiful shiny coat and barely sheds.

"A House Is Not A Home Without A German Shepherd"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thanks this is helpful, yep the itching just started and flaking on the back. The breeder did tell me no wheat, gluten or chicken for best results and here we are itchy! I am glad to hear that many use TOTW. I am new to everything as a first time puppy owner =) so pear feedback helps allot!

Shedding started as well, it awful already =) but i guess he is shedding all the puppy fluff and all the adult hair is coming in.

Ruby {SG1, VP1, VP3 USCA Sieger Show, Kati Von den Oher Tannen} - Red/Black 11-15-2013
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Crowned Member

My dogs are on TOTW Pacific Stream. They seem to like it. They do well on it and it isn't super expensive.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 03:38 PM

That's all I have fed my puppy, is taste of the wild. The breeder swears by it. His adult coat is starting to come in and is very shiny. She said to switch him at 6 months to diamond natural or something like that. But I might just keep him on TOTW

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinapayton View Post
That's all I have fed my puppy, is taste of the wild. The breeder swears by it. His adult coat is starting to come in and is very shiny. She said to switch him at 6 months to diamond natural or something like that. But I might just keep him on TOTW

Someone on Facebook just told me that TOTW is available at Costco in their brand, blue bag and has same ingredients. Hmmm

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Someone on Facebook just told me that TOTW is available at Costco in their brand, blue bag and has same ingredients. Hmmm

Its called Natures Domain Salmon and Sweet potatoe. I used to feed the TOTW Pacific but switched to the costco brand awhile back without any problems. My shih tzu is a very sensitive dog (13 years old and has all kind of allegies) She has the straight silky coat, not the wavy and her and my maltipoo do really well on it. Very nice and shiny coat with no allergy problems. I remember reading somewhere that the carb content was a little higher than the TOTW by a few percent (im thinking 5%) maybe someone here with better knowledge could correct me. As for the prices I beleive its around 34 dollars for the 35 lb bag. I have my GSD puppy on the kirkland chicken and rice only because the Natures domain ,rated 4/5 stars,was grain free and he was growing so fast, I was hoping the chicken and rice all stages , rated 4/5 stars ($28 for the 40lb bag) would slow down his growth, but alas it hasnt.

Please note that costco also has another brand , I forgot what its called though and it has glucosamine and fish oil in it. I think its called nutro or nupro. I dont think its an all stages because i remember looking at it and leaving it because the protein was close to 32%. Once again maybe someone who shops costco for their dogs can help me out here..

Last edited by Msmaria; 06-03-2013 at 05:07 PM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyStars View Post
Ava itched started itching like crazy at around 6 months, as per breeder's suggestion we switched to TOTW Pacific Stream. The results were amazing, within 3 days no more itchy dog.
This is my exact same experience, with the exact same dog name, too! In fact, I thought this post was mine until I saw the profile picture! And yes, my Ava has done remarkably well on TOTW. We started with Pacific Stream, switched last November to High Prairie, and I might go back to Pacific Stream soon. She seems to like that one a little better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ava Marie (4/3/2012)
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Actually, it's closer to Diamond Natural Grain Free, and I don't like that it contains canola oil as an ingredient.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...main-dog-food/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page