Kylie is eating almost all her food in the evening - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Kylie is eating almost all her food in the evening

Kylie has been eating about 3.5 cups of food/day for several months. She is almost 10mo, weighs about 57 pounds (that was her weight 3 weeks ago), and is eating 4Health puppy food and Nulo Balance.

I give her half of her food in the morning after our walk and give her the rest of her food around 7pm.

For the past several weeks, at least 3x/week, she is waiting until around 6pm to eat any food at all. She still eats the same amount of food. She just doesn't eat it until evening rolls around.

The very next day, she is likely to eat all of the food in her bowl within a few minutes of it hitting her bowl and look around for more.

Her stool is fine. Her energy level is normal. She seems perfectly fine.

I just leave her food out until it is gone.

Today, for instance, I put half of her food in her bowl right after our walk. She didn't touch it. After we got back from the dog park around 7:30pm (10 hours later), she ate it all. About 15 minutes later, I put the rest of her food in the bowl and she ate all of it too. Yesterday she ate all of her food as soon as I put it in her bowl. The day before yesterday was just like today, except that she ate her breakfast about 6pm and ate her dinner around 7pm (right after I put it in her bowl).

Is there anything wrong with her eating this way?

Last edited by AngieW; 04-27-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Crowned Member

That was about the age when Hans started to only want to eat his evening meal.
Right now, he gets a snack at about 7 AM, another snack afternoon, and has dinner at 9 PM. He eats all 2 pounds of raw at that time.

May I suggest waiting at least 45 minutes after exercise to give her food. Preferably an hour.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Norden von Narnia (Hans) DOB 1-15-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page