My dog eats better than me!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Talking My dog eats better than me!!

I was just thinking about all the time and effort I have been putting into studing RAW and suppliments. I've been trying to give her the best of the best and it had me thinking.....By no means am I unhealthy, I work out 5 days a week and eat a mostly healthy diet but....I do have a piece a candy every once in a while or ice cream or ***GASP**** McDonalds! I always forget to take my vitamins and do NO studing on what the proper suppliments are the cream of the crop for humans the way I do my dog. To bad we all have arms to go into the fridge and get what we want!! Wouldn't life be easier if we had someone give us 3 meals of the very best human quality food everyday along with our vitimans and suppliments to make our hair shine LOL

I'll end this silly post now!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Crowned Member

I know what you mean- once I noticed that my grocery cart had organic cage free eggs, antibiotic free ground beef, Greek yogurt and sweet potatoes...for the puppy. White bread, bacon and chips for us
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 AM

HaHa this made me laugh out loud...I am just a junior in college fresh from the nest of my parents home and into the real world, i survive on ramon noodles and koolaide....while Schatzi eats TOTW alaskan samon. haha its just not fair...

Schatzi, GSD, born 10/30/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 AM

It's funny because i was just thinking about this today. I should go on a "Danica" diet . I certainly would lose weight. Gee, getting served every day, portion controlled (no access to the fridge ), best human grade food money can buy....oh, and walks, exercise and play time every day? What a life!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Crowned Member

Oh geez. All of my animals eat better than me. They get all the good stuff, but I get TV dinners, pizza rolls, fish sticks, McDonald's, Arby's.... LOL

I'm gonna start to get back on a healthier diet; I've gained a little bit of weight, and I lost quite a bit, so I don't want to get back into that habit.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Crowned Member

Our dogs definitely eat better than us. The local pet supply store employees know us VERY well, they smile at us every time we show up and they ask: "how many (bags) this time?" Just this past week we had to go in 3 times to get food and/or other stuff.

Carolina Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Crowned Member

My husband had that complaint to me...I asked him if he wanted beef tongue, duck necks and chicken liver for supper. He stopped complaining after that.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Crowned Member

I am a graduate student living on my own and working part time. When I shop for me it's KD, soup or something equally unhealthy and gross tasting.

When ribs are on sale or ground beef, or steak tips, my reaction "OOOh.. Stark would love those!"

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseysGSD View Post
I was just thinking about all the time and effort I have been putting into studing RAW and suppliments. I've been trying to give her the best of the best and it had me thinking.....By no means am I unhealthy, I work out 5 days a week and eat a mostly healthy diet but....I do have a piece a candy every once in a while or ice cream or ***GASP**** McDonalds! I always forget to take my vitamins and do NO studing on what the proper suppliments are the cream of the crop for humans the way I do my dog. To bad we all have arms to go into the fridge and get what we want!! Wouldn't life be easier if we had someone give us 3 meals of the very best human quality food everyday along with our vitimans and suppliments to make our hair shine LOL

I'll end this silly post now!!
I totally relate. Yesterday I came home from the store with bags of groceries-turkey necks, ground chicken, beef livers, veggies for Mac's purie etc. My husband asked if I bought anything for dinner. Oops. I dumped some cream of mushroom soup on some left over shake & baked pork chops and called it a casserole. After all, I was too busy weighing Mac's food to be bothered with making dinner LOL
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Knighted Member

My dogs ate venison today while I had stale Dorito's to make a plate of Nacho's with ....LOL

Nadia - GSD -DOB 12-29-07
Zisso - GSD- DOB 9-16-07
Pepe & Kiki`my sweet kitties

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page