GO natural - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

GO natural

I switched my puppy to wellness very slowly and now that she is fully on it she has had terriable diarrhea. She has had fecal tests and everything so we know it's 100% the food. I just payed a visit to a local all natural dog health store and had a long convo about this with a pet nutrionalist there whom also owns a german shepherd.While they do suggest a raw diet, after letting them know that is something I'm not ok with because I have young children in my home his next recomendation was a food called GO natural

Wondering if anyone else here has tried it or heard anything about it?

TIA,
Casey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Knighted Member

ive looked into it, but didnt care for the lower protein in the go natural grain inclusive line, and the Ca levels are too high in the grain free (for a large breed pup), so i was never too interested in it.

IMO, there are better choices out there, such as orijen or acana (if you want grain free), maybe Innova, Natures Variety Prarie, or Blue Buffalo for grain inclusive foods.

Derek

owned by:
Kimba (gsd) 5/9/07
Saby the mutt~1/15/01
Frisco (gsd) 6/21/02
Luka (feline)d.o.b.~2004
RIP-canines-Buddy, Roxy, Kujo, Kato, Pierre
felines-Chanel, Panther, TJ
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Thanks for responding! We have tried Orijin and it didn't work out so well for her system. The protien is a bit high in it but that might have been what was causing it to upset her...I will def try it again when she is an adult because I do really like it.
The formula that was suggested to me now is GO endurence formula...here is the content...let me know if you still have the same views (not sure if it differs from the puppy formula you looked at before)

Crude protien 34%
Crude Fat 16%
Crude Fiber 3%
Moisture 10%
Calcium 1.8%
Phosphorus 1.2%
Omega 6 fatty acid 3%
Omega 3 fatty acid 0.5%

I did like the Sojos Dehydrated raw food but they advised waiting until 1 to try that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Elite Member

Have you tried Solid Gold? It's what we feed Zeus and he does great on it! They have a few different varieties as well which has helped because Zeus has a sensitive belly. He didn't do well on Orijen either.

Zeus "Zeusy" - GSD 2 year old DOB 3-19-08
Baby - Cat 5 years old
Rhett - Cat 4 years old

Max, Champ, and Apollo waiting at the bridge.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseysGSD View Post
Thanks for responding! We have tried Orijin and it didn't work out so well for her system. The protien is a bit high in it but that might have been what was causing it to upset her...I will def try it again when she is an adult because I do really like it.
The formula that was suggested to me now is GO endurence formula...here is the content...let me know if you still have the same views (not sure if it differs from the puppy formula you looked at before)

Crude protien 34%
Crude Fat 16%
Crude Fiber 3%
Moisture 10%
Calcium 1.8%
Phosphorus 1.2%
Omega 6 fatty acid 3%
Omega 3 fatty acid 0.5%

I did like the Sojos Dehydrated raw food but they advised waiting until 1 to try that.
the go grain free endurance is a decent looking food for an adult gsd, but that is the one where i was concerned about the Ca levels. the max level is around 2.2%, which is higher than id ever consider for a growing large breed pup.

i know many folks have liked blue buffalo large breed puppy and solid gold wolf cub for their pups.

Derek

owned by:
Kimba (gsd) 5/9/07
Saby the mutt~1/15/01
Frisco (gsd) 6/21/02
Luka (feline)d.o.b.~2004
RIP-canines-Buddy, Roxy, Kujo, Kato, Pierre
felines-Chanel, Panther, TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page