Hello, Issue with my GSD - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Hello, Issue with my GSD

Hi , My GSD Daina is almost 4 months old. She has had her last de wormer from the breader. My issue is , is the odity that atfirst her stool is Hard then instantly soft midstream of the stool. I switched her off the Diamond puppy formula a week ago and she is now on the Evo Protien formula. She is growing fine. and Not showing any signs of malnuritment. Just kinda flustered. Also as far as potty training she has been doing great. Now all the sudden after last nights obediance courses at the local pet supplier she has stopped telling me that she has to go outside. I am kinda worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:44 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

My dogs also sometimes have their stool get softer at the end than the start. So for them is can be normal.

As far as her acting differently after class, just act normal! Class can be a bit of a hiccup in their daily routine with the car ride, new place, new people and new dogs. Plus the training! Just means you need to up YOUR weekly drives with her, meeting new people/dogs with her, and exercising her so that class is a normal part of the week!

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Well as far as socialization i have her great with that. I am just wondering cus this man there had a 4 year old Chesapeak Lab i believe it was . And Daina being her normal self wanted to say hi, Well this dog took her and wrapped his legs around her violently and tried to in my eyes kill her. She had no bite marks or anysigns other than when i looked at her she looked heart broken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Also quick question , What have you been feeding you pup , Cus the EVO i am worried about. It's made by proctor and Gamble i found out. Aswell as the price is rediculous. I heard Loyal was good. I stopped her on the Diamond just due to the fact that it really broke down to be a bad food. Just wondering if the 73% protien in this stuff is a bit too much for her pup stomach.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khromadin View Post
Hi , My GSD Daina is almost 4 months old. She has had her last de wormer from the breader. My issue is , is the odity that atfirst her stool is Hard then instantly soft midstream of the stool. I switched her off the Diamond puppy formula a week ago and she is now on the Evo Protien formula. She is growing fine. and Not showing any signs of malnuritment. Just kinda flustered. Also as far as potty training she has been doing great. Now all the sudden after last nights obediance courses at the local pet supplier she has stopped telling me that she has to go outside. I am kinda worried.
EVO has too much calcium for large breed puppies. If you want to feed grainfree kibble I believe Orijen LBP is the only safe choice.

Has the vet done a fecal test to make sure there are no worms? How much a day are you feeding? Over feeding can cause loose stools. Does she show any signs of a UTI? Its not uncommon for puppies to have accidents in strange places like a petstore. Some take a long time to be fully potty trained and its possible you missed her signaling she had to go.

-Brandi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
6-5-09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

2 cups 2 times a day, As far as the Vet i am fighting to get back to work and money has been really tight so i havent had the money to get her to her first visit. I am looking at 500 bucks for her first visit due to the greedy vets were i live.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Crowned Member

$500 for a wellness check? That's a bit much. Maybe someone in your area could direct you to a good vet with reasonable prices, hopefully.

4 cups a day for a 4 month old pup? That sounds like a lot - I see a lot of people on here feeding 3 cups a day to their adults. The loose stools may be because of too much food.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Ok, i was figuring that. Grant it she loves the food also tonight my mother decided to mix a little white meat turkey with the 73% protien food. I definatly apriciate the help.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Crowned Member

Omg, what a little cutie on your avatar!

For my Pom, I mix his Blue Buffalo dry food with Blue Wilderness canned and he goes nuts-o for it. He thinks it's joy and happiness put into an edible form. LOL If I let him, he'd sit there and never stop eating and he'd weigh 20 lbs. right now. Haha.

If you cut back on her food, I'd monitor her weight and see if her poops harden up.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Well my guess is she is about 23-25 pounds. I know when i hold her my arm gets tired after about a half hour lol. But yea the avatar pick is from when she was about 9 weeks old lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page